C300 monitor unit dying at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old March 29th, 2017, 11:14 PM   #1
Regular Crew

C300 monitor unit dying

Anyone ever have a C300 monitor unit die on them? I am having issues... the first sign was the monitor "flip" button was acting up... not reversing the picture in the LCD when I flipped the monitor over. Then, started getting some odd lines through the image (just the lcd, not recorded). I can live with that... but I am now getting scratchy audio on channel 2, which is no-bueno.

I'm gonna dive into the camera and see if I can isolate the issue to a cable, or something loose on the unit itself.

My question is if anyone has had a replacement, what the cost was? Is the C500 monitor unit the same? I'm looking at repair or replacement.
Scott Stoneback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2017, 11:11 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: C300 monitor unit dying

My c300 took a header and busted the mount off in the middle of a 4 day shoot. I got a new one from canon service for about 1200 if I remember right...might be less now..
Old March 31st, 2017, 11:47 AM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

As owners of Cinema EOS cameras, you guys qualify for membership with CPS (Canon Professional Services). You get discounted & expedited repairs, interim equipment repair loans, try-before-you-buy evaluation loans and more.

For details, refer to: Canon Cinema Membership -- Exclusive Support for the Imaging Professional

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2017, 09:46 AM   #4
Supports LPFM Radio

I had Canon do some work on my C300 last year. They did a great job at a reasonable price.

Also, I recall someone somewhere within the last month wanting to sell a C300 monitor unit. Not sure why...but perhaps googling around?

And ya: CPS is a good thing.

Jim
Jim Feeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2017, 10:39 PM   #5
Inner Circle

I have different brand of camera 4 months old maybe 10 jobs. I set it up, turn it on, come back 5 minutes later its off and it won't start. Turns out the camera was on the whole time but there must be a connection problem with the lcd. When I got home I tried to replicate it so I could send it back for repair but of course I couldn't get it to do it again.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems