Help me find and replace display on my C100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old September 6th, 2017, 05:56 AM   #1
Tourist

Help me find and replace display on my C100

Hi everyone.

Unfortunately, I broke LCD on my Canon C100 (first generation). Display housing is intact and working, but the panel is damaged.

My second problem is that I live in Serbia and only way fix this display regular way is for authorized service here send camera to Italy with very high insurance (that I need to pay), before even knowing cost of parts and man hours and needed time. It is just better money-wise for me to sell camera in this condition with lower price.

I have other service where I can replace display, but it is impossible for me to find where I can buy this display (or just panel).

Can you recommend where I can look for spare part? Or maybe can you recommend some other service in Europe where I can fix C100 with reasonable price.

Thank you very much.
Branko Mitic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2017, 09:04 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Help me find and replace display on my C100

Can you not add a smallhd focus monitor to the camera?
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2017, 12:36 PM   #3
Inner Circle

What Noa said, I found a Small HD Dp4 on Ebay the other day for less than 200 bucks.
Old September 6th, 2017, 02:11 PM   #4
Tourist

Thank you.

For me that is not a option, because I use camera almost always in "run n gun" situations - without handle, microphone on cold-shoe and magnetic viewfinder for LCD (for stability, focus and against sun... in that order), handheld, lot of primes without stabilization (yeah, I know, "run n gun" and primes...), with at lease 4-5 times putting camera in the bag and taking out of it during the day.

But that solutions is probably going to be good and even better considering average C100 LCD, for someone who plans to use this camera in more traditional way.
Branko Mitic is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems