Canon C200 hands-on review at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old June 18th, 2018, 08:51 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Canon C200 hands-on review

Hi guys,

We have had our C200 for over 4 months and we have used it very extensively for corporate and commercial video production. In general we love the camera a lot (a couple of not so great points too).
We thought it'd be great to write an article about it so we did:

https://www.vivalazoom.co.uk/canon-c...eo-production/

Let us know what you think

thanks in advance!
Guillermo Ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2018, 05:16 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Canon C200 hands-on review

Guillermo, thank you for such an excellent hands on review. I found it very informative. I currently use the Canon XF300 and love it, however I have been considering upgrading to the C200. I wonder if you have ever had the opportunity to compare the video quality of the XF300's 50 mbps 4:2:2: to the C200's 35 mbps 4:2:0? Thanks again for such a well thought out review. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2018, 10:48 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: Canon C200 hands-on review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillermo Ibanez View Post
Hi guys,

We have had our C200 for over 4 months and we have used it very extensively for corporate and commercial video production. In general we love the camera a lot (a couple of not so great points too).
We thought it'd be great to write an article about it so we did:

https://www.vivalazoom.co.uk/canon-c...eo-production/

Let us know what you think

thanks in advance!
Good review Guillermo but you are missing the boat by NOT shooting Cinema RAW Light, that's what the C200 was made for! I've been shooting it on two documentaries and rarely don't shoot RAW. EgoDisk 256GB cards are only U.S. $299.00 and give you 34 minutes of CRL or there is a new kit that allows you to shoot Cinema RAW light to SSDs externally, it's getting some good reviews and it's not that large, heavy or expensive.

Cinema RAW Light is pretty amazing, it gives you a lot of latitude for CC and grading and is 12-bit at most frame rates other than 50/60 fps.
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems