5DtoFCP software at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old December 4th, 2009, 03:29 AM   #1
Regular Crew

5DtoFCP software

"A complete FCS workflow package to get footage from a Canon5DmkII/7D/1D into Final Cut Pro at 25fps. Custom droplets, correctly configured sequence settings and flow chart included to make getting the HD H264 files into FCP easier & quicker."

idustrial revolution - - 5DtoFCP

Not tried yet..... but interesting.
Ben Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2009, 03:36 AM   #2
Major Player

Hey Ben, your a genius. I downloaded this last week and then when I wanted to put it on my laptop I couldn't remember where I got it from. Thanks to you I found it again.

Dan
Dan Chung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2009, 03:48 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hey Dan, any comments on how useful or well it works?
Ben Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 11:55 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I'm also curious. I'm surprised no one has tried it yet.

seasons greetings
Old December 21st, 2009, 06:13 PM   #5
Regular Crew

im confused!

I was going to try it, but it lost me on the description. (not trying to hate, just dont understand it)

Can someone can explain why you would want to edit with a 25fps fcp profile when you are importing in 30fps?

Or are you saying by importing in 25fps it is a cleaner looking result than 30fps?

What if you were shooting 7d in 24fps and wanted to use this preset in fcp? Would you be then upconverting from 24 to 25fps? what would be the result? or would you just use 24fps when you imported in compressor?

When I went through FCP training, we were taught to import in the fps it was shot in. Im not saying this is right, but it was never covered about converting footage of different FPS.
Geoff Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 01:30 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Brandon View Post
Can someone can explain why you would want to edit with a 25fps fcp profile when you are importing in 30fps?
I haven't used this package but from a quick glance at the description it appears to run the footage through Compressor to change the frame rate while converting to ProRes before importing.

I am not so sure that this is a good idea for while time stretching (simply paying back the 30fps at 25fps) is OK any other conversion will involve either dropping or interpolating frames. If output is required in 25fps then the conversion is probably better done at the end of the editing process so that one is editing with the best possible footage.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 01:51 AM   #7
Inner Circle

BTW Whatever happened to the Glue Tools FCP log & transfer plugin that converts 5DII footage to ProRes adds timecode? The product was announced months ago but subsequently seems to have disappeared off the radar while they talk with Canon about a distribution agreement..
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 02:35 AM   #8
Regular Crew

I works fine

I tried it and it is simple to use, good choice of set up with good end results. It is effective and time saving.
Daniel Ridicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 02:43 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Nigel

If output is required in 25fps then the conversion is probably better done at the end of the editing process so that one is editing with the best possible footage.[/QUOTE]

This is possible if you use only 5DII footage or have mix of shots with no possible sinchronicity issue, but when you mix it with 25fps footage as I often do, and you want to use 5D shots as a part of multicam session, you have to transfer the rate to 25. I have just did that, a live gig recorded with two EX3 and two 5D cameras, made conversion using this very plug in and it worked just fine. Sinchronicity was perfecrt.

Needless to say, we should all be of the hook soon, with announced 24/25 fps update. Any news on that front?
Daniel Ridicki is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD