Stand by for the *official* 7D announcement... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old September 1st, 2009, 09:09 AM   #16
New Boot

So the $20,000 question is whether or not we can expect a firmware update to upgrade the FPS options on the 5DmarkII.

I'll probably end up ordering the 7D to supplement my 5D. So which is the A camera and which is the B camera?
Richard Van Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2009, 09:10 AM   #17
Major Player

With two processors, could the whole sensor be read every frame? That could make the video superior to the 5DII.
Don Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2009, 11:18 AM   #18
Major Player

Looks great, I'm very tempted to pick one up. And as they say on their own site.

"This sample movie has been optimized for viewing on this website. Image quality is not representative of movie shot in Full HD mode and viewed on HDTV"
Old September 1st, 2009, 11:52 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Van Le View Post
So the $20,000 question is whether or not we can expect a firmware update to upgrade the FPS options on the 5DmarkII.

I'll probably end up ordering the 7D to supplement my 5D. So which is the A camera and which is the B camera?
For me in PAL land, the 7D would very likely be the A camera. 25P trumps full frame on my ranked list of features (though only just).
Daniel Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2009, 08:01 PM   #20
Major Player

Hehe, this is great. Guess I'll be returning the K7 and D300s sooner than anticipated.

It seems that beginning with the HV20, Canon is understanding what indi film-makers want.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD