DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   Magic Lantern 7D Pony Up (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/353368-magic-lantern-7d-pony-up.html)

Jim Froom September 2nd, 2009 06:22 PM

Magic Lantern 7D Pony Up

I'm already reading about "when Tram Hudson" ports Magic Latern over to the 7D.

That's somewhat presumptuous on all our parts. Take a moment and ponder the huge amount of time and effort he has put into the 5D with his own camera.

If we want ML on the 7D, how about we start a list with the idea of getting 150 to 200 people to commit $10 or more to show Tram some support.

I'll start the list here and if anyone who want to pledge $10 via Pay Pal, then copy this post and add your name to the bottom and don't forget to increment by 1. If you want to pledge $30, add your name 3 times and give each of your 3 lines a new line number.

When we start seeing 150 to 180 lines, then maybe Tram will chime in and let us know if he's going to buy the camera and then we can send in the Paypal donations. Put Canon 7D on your pay pal payment and maybe Tram will notify us through this thread when he has enough to cover the camera.

There are unknowns, so there is no guarantee he can get this going on the 7D, or maybe not till Canon does a firmware upgrade on their own, but regardless, no camera no work by Tram, so lets at least get some pledges going so he can decide whether he wants to get on a waiting list to get a camera.

Chris if this isn't cool, just delete it.

1. Jim Froom USA $10

Brian Parker September 2nd, 2009 06:53 PM

Brian in Japan $10

Jim Froom September 2nd, 2009 07:31 PM

Magic Latern 7D Pony Up

That's somewhat presumptuous on all our parts. Take a moment and ponder the huge amount of time and effort he has put into the 5D with his own camera.

If we want ML on the 7D, how about we start a list with the idea of getting 150 to 200 people to commit $10 or more to show Tram some support.

I'll start the list here and if anyone who want to pledge $10 via Pay Pal, then copy this post and add your name to the bottom and don't forget to increment by 1. If you want to pledge $30, add your name 3 times and give each of your 3 lines a new line number.

When we start seeing 150 to 180 lines, then maybe Tram will chime in and let us know if he's going to buy the camera and then we can send in the Paypal donations. Put Canon 7D on your pay pal payment and maybe Tram will notify us through this thread when he has enough to cover the camera.

There are unknowns, so there is no guarantee he can get this going on the 7D, or maybe not till Canon does a firmware upgrade on their own, but regardless, no camera no work by Tram, so lets at least get some pledges going so he can decide whether he wants to get on a waiting list to get a camera.

1. Jim Froom USA $10
2. Brian in Japan

Ofer Levy September 2nd, 2009 10:55 PM

Magic Latern 7D Pony Up

1. Jim Froom USA $10
2. Brian in Japan
5. Ofer Levy, Australia

Matt Newcomb September 3rd, 2009 01:46 AM

Looks like the source is freely available. I might take a stab at it if he doesn't plan on doing it, but I'm guessing he will. It also looks like you can donate right on his site too.

Jim Froom September 3rd, 2009 06:21 AM

"It also looks like you can donate right on his site too. "

There are lots of places to donate.

This email was too ask for a pledge to see if we can raise enough for Trammel to buy a 7D. Kind of like "lets make a list and see if there is 150-180 people to kick in 10 bucks or so."

He has worked is butt off and is more than capable. This is more to try to get him to buy the camera and then work some magic on it.

Matt Newcomb September 25th, 2009 03:42 PM

Hey Tramm, do you anticipate getting a 7D right away or having access to one? Since these are supposedly coming out soon is there anything we can do to help?

Craig Maret September 25th, 2009 04:23 PM

count me in to donate...if thats what you want?

Nate Haustein October 22nd, 2009 03:41 PM

Count me in.

Charles Dasher October 23rd, 2009 11:07 PM

Count me in! Where and when do we send the money?

Scott Shama October 24th, 2009 12:26 AM

I'm in too.

John C. Plunkett October 25th, 2009 12:11 AM

I'm game. Put me down for ten.

Tommi Iversen October 26th, 2009 02:50 PM

20$ from here.

Ger Griffin October 26th, 2009 05:31 PM

i donated $10 last night

Paul Mailath October 26th, 2009 05:33 PM

As per Jim's original idea

1. Jim Froom USA $10
2. Brian in Japan $10