DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   EOS 7D operators manual, body-only box check images (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/363981-eos-7d-operators-manual-body-only-box-check-images.html)

Chris Hurd September 4th, 2009 11:05 AM

Canon Digital Learning Center - EOS 7D: First Look Videos

To learn about the key new features of the EOS 7D, click on thumbnails below to watch each video:

Link -- Canon Digital Learning Center - EOS 7D: First Look Videos

Three clips online; more to follow soon...

Khoi Pham September 4th, 2009 12:01 PM

Thanks for the link Chris, I wonder if you can use the new focusing features like zone, manual spot AF in video mode or just in still mode? it would be great if it can be use in Video mode too with the press of the af button. (-:

Chris Hurd September 4th, 2009 12:09 PM

Hmm, good question Khoi. I've put the query into someone who might know.

Bill Pryor September 4th, 2009 01:01 PM

Wonder what camera they used to shoot these videos of the 7D.

Ray Bell September 5th, 2009 02:04 PM

EOS 7D operators manual, body-only box check images

Download the Canon EOS 7D operators Manual

The manual for the EOS 7D has just been released... here's the site for a sticky..

Canon EOS 7D Digital SLR

Chris Hurd September 5th, 2009 05:23 PM

Excellent -- thanks Ray!

Chris Hurd September 30th, 2009 05:16 PM

EOS 7D Body -- box check images

6 Attachment(s)
I still refuse to shoot an un-boxing video... but a sequence of quick & dirty stills might have value as a reference against which to verify that the proper contents of the EOS 7D body-only box are in place (for North American folks anyway), and have arrived to you in the same manner that they were sent by the manufacturer. So here they are...

1. The retail box for the EOS 7D body-only kit *without* lens.

2. Note the serial number on the side of the box; you'll want to be sure that it matches the one on the camera inside.

3. Upon opening the box, the warranty card will be laying on top, with the product registration card for the camera body in a cardboard tray.

4. Below the warranty card is are two CDs. The green one is the software instruction manual and the white one is the EOS Digital Solution Disk, ver.21.0. There's also a shrink-wrapped plastic bag containing the documentation package.

5. Open the shrink-wrapped plastic bag. It should contain the instruction manual books and pocket guides in English and Spanish, a flyer for the Canon Digital Learning Center, a CD covering Canon EOS Accessory Products and Solutions, a couple of printed quick-start guides for the CDs, and a blank piece of paper with a bar code on it (proof or purchase, maybe?).

6. Pull back the top tray to reveal the camera body in bubble-wrap on the right, and a cardboard tray holding the AV cable in a plastic bag.

Chris Hurd September 30th, 2009 05:17 PM

EOS 7D Body -- box check images (cont.)

6 Attachment(s)
Continued...

7. Take out the tray that holds the AV cable to reveal all of the other included accessories.

8. Included accessories: LC-E6 battery charger, LP-E6 battery, neck strap, USB cable.

9. The camera body is double-wrapped, with an outer layer of bubble wrap...

10. And a soft foam inner liner bag.

11. The camera body itself, with the body cap covering the lens mount.

12. Check to make sure that the serial number on the bottom of the camera matches the numbers on the box and warranty card.

Chris Hurd September 30th, 2009 05:32 PM

When somebody gets the kit with the EF-S 18-135mm lens or EF 28-135mm lens, I sure would appreciate a set of box check images in the same kind of way that I've laid out here. Thanks in advance,

Eric Stoiqa October 5th, 2009 07:19 PM

8 Attachment(s)
I tried to stay on the track as much as I could, I also opted at the store for 17-85mm EFS

more pics

Chris Hurd October 6th, 2009 05:54 AM

Excellent -- thanks Eric!

Lloyd Ubshura November 2nd, 2009 10:13 AM

Chris, or anyone, have you gotten a response back about this question above?

"I wonder if you can use the new focusing features like zone, manual spot AF in video mode or just in still mode?"

I hope you can! I'm about ready to buy one.

Khoi Pham November 2nd, 2009 10:14 AM

No good for video, manual focus in video is the fastest, you will need a viewfinder like Zacuto or something similar to help with focusing.