Missing Flip-out (articulating) LCD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old September 22nd, 2009, 08:52 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Missing Flip-out (articulating) LCD

Buying 7D but really need an articulating LCD for low angle shooting ~
For composition, not focus! Any ideas for small flippable lcd moniter attached to cam via tripod screw or access shoe or both ~ under $500 if possible.
Milton Ginsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2009, 09:13 AM   #2
Contributor

Varizoom has a cheap one: VariZoom monitors, Zoom controls, Camera Stabilizers & Supports, Batteries, Monitor Kits Phone:512-219-7722 (B&H carries their stuff, I think). And Ikan has more expensive HD ones. Check B&H, there are a number of small ones out there that can be mounted on a $20 hotshoe bracket that tilts.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:11 AM   #3
Inner Circle

The Varizoom is not HD, of course. Sometimes they list these monitors at 1440x234 resolution, but I the lines are 480 x 234, or whatever. As I recall they say 1440 because they multiply the three horizontal pixels that make up each pixel point.

I picked up a low budget kit at LCD4Video that works decently for framing on the a/v out ports of the 5D, and will probably work the same for the 7D
Old September 22nd, 2009, 11:52 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Portable DVD player?

I plan to use my portable Sony DVD player with a nice, fairly bright/contrasty, folds-back-over-self 9" LCD screen and RCA Video In ... It's 800x480, and also has 3.5mm HEADPHONE OUT :) -- two of them, actually.
A smaller, lighter monitor would be great, the DVD parts and big flat (but 6+hr) battery make it fairly substantial (nearly 2lbs), but I plan to make:

1. A tripod leg mount platform for it with a way to secure it

2. Possibly a ground-level shooting platform for DVD screen and camera with pro-camcorder-like handle on it so I can do low level hiking/biking/? shots following along, etc.

I believe this is what I have at home, the Sony DVP-FX930:
Sony | DVP-FX930 Portable DVD Player (Black) | DVPFX930 | B&H

It'll also be usable for portable presentations, w/ Video/Audio OUT -- and it came with a 12V car cord that'll come in handy.
I recommend a high-quality 12V DC to 110V AC inverter for camera/laptop batt carging on the go, though.

Last edited by Shaun Walker; September 23rd, 2009 at 12:27 AM. Reason: added a bit more info
Shaun Walker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD