7D shipping next week, Canon says ... - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old September 30th, 2009, 10:43 PM   #31
New Boot

So I get an email from Amazon regarding my 7D order and I get all excited thinking it may be a shipping notification, then I read the email and my jaw dropped:

"Hello from Amazon.com.

We're still trying to obtain the following item[s] you ordered on August 31 2009 (Order# XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

"Canon EOS 7D 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 3-inch LCD and 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Standard Zoom Lens"

Still want it? We'll keep on trying. To keep your order for this item open, please click the link below. Otherwise, we'll cancel your order on October 30 2009, if we haven't located it by then.

<link removed>

You'll still be able to cancel at any time before we ship it. If you want to cancel the item now, please click the link below:

<link removed>

If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in "Your Account" (www.amazon.com/your-account).

By approving the new delivery estimate, you are letting us know that you still want the item(s) though they may arrive later than expected. If there are other items in your order, they will ship according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in "Your Account" (http://www.amazon.com/your-account).

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay."

I ordered the camera about an hour after it was announced on 8/31 and this is the first time that I have heard from them since then. Not very encouraging. I am hoping this is just Amazon's way of clearing out pre-orders that others may no longer want.
Ray Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2009, 11:17 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Canon WITH lens kit

I dont remember where I read it, maybe just another forum rumor, but I had read a post claiming the 7d WITH lens would'nt start shipping till mid october. Since Im switching from Oly to Canon, I dont have any lenses yet, and need that kit setup. Anyone else have word on the kit?
Old October 1st, 2009, 02:12 AM   #33
Major Player

Yeah no word from AMZN about my pre-order body with lens. I can't really do anything without the lens since it's my first still camera. Luckily I can be patient and wait a few weeks.
Old October 1st, 2009, 03:44 AM   #34
Regular Crew

In the UK I'm still waiting on my pre-order with the 15-85mm lens from Jessops. If I'd ordered the body only then I'd probably already have the camera by now. They said I should receive it by mid next week (wc 5th Oct).
Simon Spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2009, 06:58 AM   #35
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon Mentzer View Post
Anyone else have word on the kit?
My retailer told me that they were expecting two variations of the kit with lens... one packaged with the EF 28-135mm lens, which is the kit version I had previously heard about, and the other packaged with the new EF-S 18-135mm lens, which makes perfect sense as a kit. However according to the press release for the new EF-S 18-135mm lens, it won't be available until later in October, so we can't expect that kit to reach the shelves until that new lens is ready.

Leaving up in the air the question of availability for the kit with the existing EF 28-135mm lens... my impression was that it would be another week or ten days or so from now until it starts shipping.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2009, 08:29 AM   #36
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Berry View Post
If you're looking for a 7D I highly suggest using...

Canon 7D In Stock & Preorder Tracker - NowInStock.net
Thanks for that link! I think I caught one today on jr.com because of it.
Dan Munk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2009, 08:30 AM   #37
Major Player

Hi Simon, without wishing to rub salt into your wounds, my Jessops body only, arrived on Monday. If it's any consolation, I haven't had a moment to try it yet...torture!
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2009, 10:20 AM   #38
Major Player

JRc.om is out of stock since yesterday. The web page is not updated yet.
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2009, 02:03 PM   #39
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair Brown View Post
Hi Simon, without wishing to rub salt into your wounds, my Jessops body only, arrived on Monday. If it's any consolation, I haven't had a moment to try it yet...torture!
Grrrrrrr! :)
Old October 1st, 2009, 03:31 PM   #40
DVCreators.Net

I just walked into our local retailer (Seattle area) and they had 4 left. I grabbed one. There's still 3 in stock as of today 10/1. Their site is kcamera.com
Old October 1st, 2009, 04:02 PM   #41
New Boot

Canon 7D Body

All Vistek stores in Canada have them in stock

Vistek is Canada's Digital Camera Store, Shop for Digital SLRs, Digital Cameras, Video Cameras and more - Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, Canada
Hank Bridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 03:05 PM   #42
Major Player

Well I got stock without my Canon 7D for a while. My dealer does not have a concrete date of shipping. I p reordered first week of November. If somebody knows where to get the camera right now in USA let me know please.
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 05:54 PM   #43
Regular Crew

Still waiting for my 7D with 15-85mm lens to arrive from Jessops. The lens is apparently the problem as the body only and the body with 18-135mm lens is readily available in the UK. I just wish they could have sent out the body and then the lens when it eventually arrived. So much for pre-ordering...
Old October 6th, 2009, 09:04 AM   #44
New Boot

Anybody know why a lot of typical electronic stores (Best Buy, Amazon, etc.) still show Canon 7D as a product that has not been released yet? Do companies like B&H, JR and other camera specialty stores get preferred distribution rights from Canon or something? Just a curious person waiting for the 7D to arrive. :) Thanks to anyone who knows something regarding this area.
Ritchey Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 10:03 AM   #45
Barry Wan Kenobi

FYI, the kit with the 18-135 lens is available now. I snagged one from norman camera in michigan. $1999 MSRP, includes a lens hood and spare battery.
Barry Green is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD