DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   Are there any differences between 7d's being sold in the USA & Europe (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/433419-there-any-differences-between-7ds-being-sold-usa-europe.html)

Jide Obi September 24th, 2009 05:50 AM

Are there any differences between 7d's being sold in the USA & Europe

Hi
Are there any differences between 7d's being sold in the USA & Europe.
I live in the UK and I am thinking of buying the 7D in the USA.
Thanks

Michael Murie September 24th, 2009 06:27 AM

I think the camera will be the same (you can choose any of the video modes) but the power supply/battery charger may be different (that may just be the plug, if it's a switching power supply that will handle different standards, or it could be the whole unit.)

Also, Canon may not honor warranty claims on items bought in other countries (you should check.)

Tony Davies-Patrick September 24th, 2009 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Murie (Post 1391955)

Also, Canon may not honor warranty claims on items bought in other countries (you should check.)

Canon certainly honour warranties of items bought from UK and across western Europe.

Michael Murie September 24th, 2009 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Davies-Patrick (Post 1392280)
Canon certainly honour warranties of items bought from UK and across western Europe.

What I meant was that at least here in the States, Canon USA won't honor the warranty for "gray market" items - cameras and lenses that were sold to distributors other than Canon USA.

I have no idea whether Canon UK will repair items sold by Canon USA. It may be a non-issue - maybe someone else can confirm one way or the other?

Alastair Brown September 24th, 2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jide Obi (Post 1391853)
Hi
Are there any differences between 7d's being sold in the USA & Europe.
I live in the UK and I am thinking of buying the 7D in the USA.
Thanks

Nobodies mentioned the obvious one. We pay in UK pounds what the US do in dollars. £1699 works out at $2728.

Sweet!

James Strange September 24th, 2009 03:50 PM

Exactly, I'd be very tempted to get the 7d, but from teh US, its insane that us UK folkds have to pay pretty much double

Has anyone in the UK bought something of similar or higher price (over £100p say) from B&H>

Whats the deal with customs charges etc....

I was looking at holidays the other day, and it works out cheaper for me to fly to NYC, get the 7d, stay for2 nights, then fly home, all that is cheaper than buygin the camera from say Jessops her in the UK!

So.... anyone heading off to NYC anytime soon @ :)

Alastair Brown September 24th, 2009 09:57 PM

Anytime I have bought from B & H to the UK, I have been hit with import duty, customs fees, handlers fees and vat.

I like your idea of the flight over.....hmmmmm!

Colin McDonald September 25th, 2009 01:05 AM

Brass players used to fly over from here to Giardinelli's in NYC to buy Conns/Kings/Holtons etc. Apart from being cheaper overall, you could get to blow lots of different instruments of the same model, and pick the best. I bought a Holton Double plug Bass Trombone that way.

The UK prices were just silly.