Are there any differences between 7d's being sold in the USA & Europe at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old September 24th, 2009, 05:50 AM   #1
New Boot

Are there any differences between 7d's being sold in the USA & Europe

Hi
Are there any differences between 7d's being sold in the USA & Europe.
I live in the UK and I am thinking of buying the 7D in the USA.
Thanks
Jide Obi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 06:27 AM   #2
Major Player

I think the camera will be the same (you can choose any of the video modes) but the power supply/battery charger may be different (that may just be the plug, if it's a switching power supply that will handle different standards, or it could be the whole unit.)

Also, Canon may not honor warranty claims on items bought in other countries (you should check.)
Michael Murie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 08:12 AM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Murie View Post

Also, Canon may not honor warranty claims on items bought in other countries (you should check.)
Canon certainly honour warranties of items bought from UK and across western Europe.
Old September 24th, 2009, 08:35 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Davies-Patrick View Post
Canon certainly honour warranties of items bought from UK and across western Europe.
What I meant was that at least here in the States, Canon USA won't honor the warranty for "gray market" items - cameras and lenses that were sold to distributors other than Canon USA.

I have no idea whether Canon UK will repair items sold by Canon USA. It may be a non-issue - maybe someone else can confirm one way or the other?
Michael Murie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 02:30 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jide Obi View Post
Hi
Are there any differences between 7d's being sold in the USA & Europe.
I live in the UK and I am thinking of buying the 7D in the USA.
Thanks
Nobodies mentioned the obvious one. We pay in UK pounds what the US do in dollars. £1699 works out at $2728.

Sweet!
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 03:50 PM   #6
Major Player

Exactly, I'd be very tempted to get the 7d, but from teh US, its insane that us UK folkds have to pay pretty much double

Has anyone in the UK bought something of similar or higher price (over £100p say) from B&H>

Whats the deal with customs charges etc....

I was looking at holidays the other day, and it works out cheaper for me to fly to NYC, get the 7d, stay for2 nights, then fly home, all that is cheaper than buygin the camera from say Jessops her in the UK!

So.... anyone heading off to NYC anytime soon @ :)
James Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 09:57 PM   #7
Major Player

Anytime I have bought from B & H to the UK, I have been hit with import duty, customs fees, handlers fees and vat.

I like your idea of the flight over.....hmmmmm!
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2009, 01:05 AM   #8
Trustee

Brass players used to fly over from here to Giardinelli's in NYC to buy Conns/Kings/Holtons etc. Apart from being cheaper overall, you could get to blow lots of different instruments of the same model, and pick the best. I bought a Holton Double plug Bass Trombone that way.

The UK prices were just silly.
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD