7d in Avid Media Composer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old October 6th, 2009, 11:42 AM   #1
New Boot

7d in Avid Media Composer

Hi, just curious if anyone is able to use 60p footage and import it as a slow-motion 24p clip? I can only do it by using a timewarp or motion effect. Would sorenson squeeze do it, or maybe after effects?

Otherwise, I've had success in pulling in the video at regular speed into a 24p project.

Thanks,

Nick
Nick Clausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 01:41 PM   #2
Inner Circle

The best thing to do is change the meta tags in the file so your editing program sees it as 24fps and not its captured 60fps.

This method does not involve changing the video stream (no video quality loss and no rendering time). It just changes the speed of playback.

For a MOV container I am guessing you will need to adjust the "time scale" and the "duration" tags under the "mdhd" header for the video stream. I've not done it yet on a MOV container so I can't give more specific instructions. I'll look into it and let you know though since I am going to be doing this very thing with my 7D in the near future.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD