7D at best buy at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old October 13th, 2009, 08:33 AM   #1
Major Player

7D at best buy

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone is having trouble getting their hands on a 7D... I just picked one up at my local best buy (3 blocks away) even though it says online that they have no stock anywhere. They only had the kit, but i realized i can sell the lens for ~$300 which basically gives me an extra $100 off in addition to the 10% off coupon. It all turns out to be quite a deal and i literally walked down my block and walked out with one. oh and it was even sweeter since i had a bestbuy gift card i had been meaning to use but rarely find things at best buy worth buying over buying online.

I got my 5d Mark II the same way back in January, everywhere was sold out and i went through 2 preorders (first preordered in september) that never shipped, but walked into a best buy even though online they said they were all sold out and turned out not my local store but another manhattan store 5 min away had one. Got that one with a 10% off coupon as well. Unfortunately the coupon basically ends up being <2% off since NYC tax is so high, but still to walk into a store and walk out with a camera that no one has in stock and at a discount is quite a beautiful thing.

Moral of the story is dont trust best buy's online "check stores" link. go into a store and ask, they have an internal system that keeps track of stock in all their stores nationally, and usually there is at least one nearby that got lost in the system, at least it seems that way since so far I am 2 for 2.
Noah Yuan-Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 09:03 AM   #2
New Boot

7D at Best Buy

I did the same thing.

Asked at two different high end camera shops. Both didn't have the camera in stock. Happened to run in a Best Buy to pick up a Compact Flash card for the wife and noticed a 7D in the display case. Walked out with a new camera.

Jimmy
Jim Hanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 11:05 AM   #3
Regular Crew

i called best buy today, they had one in stock, i got there about 20 minutes after talking to them on the phone and the camera had been sold right before i got there :( sad sad day
A.J. Aguirre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 11:57 AM   #4
Regular Crew

They held one for me for pick up and also took the 10% off coupon! They kept it in a vault and a man had to get a key to open it. The employees all gathered in awe when it was brought up. I felt like I was buying the holy grail. This camera is amazing.
James Dierx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 03:15 PM   #5
New Boot

Maybe I missed it, but is there a link for the 10% off coupon anywhere? Thanks for the help.
Ritchey Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 05:41 PM   #6
New Boot

I am trying to stop myself from driving 15min up the road to tax free NH with my 10% coupon in hand.

I guess I could sell the HV20, 35mm dof adapter, and rebel XT...

Wife is going to kill me. No seriously.
Eric Erps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 05:46 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Hey Eric, we are all scheming on this thing. Problem is I already pulled this stuff with the VX2000, FX1, the HV20, the 35mm dof adapter,10 lenses, and the 5D, along with various other equipment and software products. There should be therapy for us....
Old October 14th, 2009, 06:09 PM   #8
New Boot

^haha so true.

For the guys looking for the coupon just google it. If you can't find it let me know and I can upload it to my website.
Eric Erps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 07:58 PM   #9
Inner Circle

The only coupon I saw was only good through October 12, 2009. Does someone have a later one ?
Old October 14th, 2009, 09:11 PM   #10
Regular Crew

A friend of mine just went to Best Buy in Oceanside Ca & got a 7D, it was in stock.
Jeff Wisener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 10:35 PM   #11
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Wisener View Post
A friend of mine just went to Best Buy in Oceanside Ca & got a 7D, it was in stock.
Geez you guys are awful - now I'm afraid to go into a Best Buy - I can resist anything but temptation. I got my 5DII from Best Buy right after that camera came out, when everyone was crying none were available - really felt great. But seriously, I've been telling myself there is no hurry to get a 7D, wait until they've been out a few months. Maybe I could go to Best Buy and if they have one I could just look at it ..................
Charles W. Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 10:42 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Sounds like you better not, you might buy it.
Old October 14th, 2009, 10:43 PM   #13
Inner Circle

Same problem in my town, Charles. I went by there yesterday, and there was one sitting in the display case. I keep thinking, it looks just like my 5D, why would I ? I get this shallow breathing thing.... but it does 24p, and 60p for slow motion... its everything you have wanted.. (well sound is still and issue, ... but)..................
Old October 14th, 2009, 10:56 PM   #14
Regular Crew

^^^ Chris, are you saying you bought one?
Old October 15th, 2009, 09:58 AM   #15
Inner Circle

So far, I have remained strong, but it is only a matter of time.... and the right impetus.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD