Is this a "dead pixel" ? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old April 13th, 2010, 11:16 AM   #16
Major Player

I am sending out mine today.
One of my 7D was overheating every 5-7 minutes even after taking some breaks.
Then later that night, I found out there was dead pixel that appeared above 1600 ISO.
It sucks, but tried all the manual cleaning, etc, but didn't work.
Hopefully CPS will send me back soon....

jj_orange | TweetPhoto
J.J. Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 07:30 PM   #17
New Boot

pixel dilemma resolved

Following up on my disgruntled report from last month narrating my dead pixel dilemma and my experience with Canon Service in which my 7D was returned to me with the blue pixel still glowing over scenes with dark backgrounds. Since that debacle I registered with Canon Professional Services and signed up for the Gold membership (giving my gear priority servicing and a very fast turn around time). This time the camera came back to me three business days after it arrived in New Jersey and the problem was fixed. This time they replaced the Printed Circuit Board Assembly which “did not operate properly causing missing dots on the image” according to the service report. The work was all covered by the one year warranty. I’m very pleased this time around and grateful that I learned about the CPS option via J.J. Kim. Seems quite worthwhile if I’m going to be working extensively with Canon gear. Now looking forward to being able to shoot interiors as well as exteriors without the looming ghost pixel.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD