DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   Online Lens Rental companies (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/466446-online-lens-rental-companies.html)

Craig Coston October 25th, 2009 05:43 PM

Online Lens Rental companies

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good online lens rental company. I was looking at BorrowLenses.com and they seemed reasonable, but it's hard to know the reputation of an online place without references.

Stephen Mick October 25th, 2009 05:55 PM

My Choices…

Try these…

LensRentals.com - Rent Canon, Nikon, Olympus, or Sony Lenses and Cameras

LensProToGo.com - Canon and Nikon Lens Rental nationwide!

I've used the first one and can't say enough good things about them. Great products, great service and great prices.

--SM

Chris Hurd October 25th, 2009 05:55 PM

I've dealt with LensRentals.com -- painless, easy, will definitely rent from them again.

Art Varga October 25th, 2009 06:08 PM

I've used these guys a few times and would recommend them

Lens Rentals for Nikon and Canon Cameras

Daniel Browning October 25th, 2009 06:36 PM

I second LensRentals.com. They're experienced with renting stuff out to film guys already. Service is excellent. Roger Cicala offers tons of highly useful information for free on lensrentals.com as well as various forums.

Craig Coston October 25th, 2009 08:16 PM

Checking all the sites out that you all have submitted, I have to say that LensRentals.com looks great. I really enjoy their personal opinions on the lenses that they have posted, as well as issues they have seen with the lenses. Of particular note is the failure rate issue they note on the Canon 10-22 lens, a lens I had my eye on.

Chris Hurd October 25th, 2009 08:25 PM

A lens that doesn't stand up well in rentals might hold up just fine in your hands. You'll most likely take better care of something you own vs. something you rent... although I babied the EF 28-300mm and the EF 400mm that I had from LensRentals.com (not everybody does that though).

Jon Carlson October 30th, 2009 12:20 PM

I love LensRentals.com - Rent Canon, Nikon, Olympus, or Sony Lenses and Cameras !

I took a fisheye to Spain, and I regularly rent high-end Canon L glass for wedding photography (stills). Prices are great, but the service and knowledge of the staff is what really sets them apart.

Vincent Martinez October 31st, 2009 12:52 PM

I would highly recommend BorrowLenses.com - Camera Rental and Canon/Nikon Lens Rental

I use them often and there service is excellent.

Evan Donn November 2nd, 2009 01:23 PM

I'll second BorrowLenses - for those in the SF Bay Area they're particularly convenient as you can do local pick up in several locations from SF to San Jose, and local pickups can rent for as short as 3 days.

Kelii Grace November 24th, 2009 02:52 AM

For those looking for competitive pricing and awesome customer service check out Hawaii Camera - Hawaii Camera Store - Lens Rentals - Camera Rentals > Home

They ship anywhere in the US too!!!