Indi System - anyone have it? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old November 8th, 2009, 05:43 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Indi System - anyone have it?

I am hopefully getting my 7D next week.

Does anyone have an opinion on these rigs? IndiSYSTEM - Studio 4 Productions

They are cheap, does that mean they are CHEAP?
Shawn Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 07:34 PM   #2
Major Player

I have the Indislider Mini

Which product are you asking about specifically? My experience with the slider might be different from those who own the rails.

It's run by one man, Tim (he's around), and I almost bought the Shrigg Rig from him some time ago but had some email snafu. I'm told, the best way to buy is by calling. I was successful ordering the indislider mini via the website but also called a few days later just to be sure.

It arrived well packed via Fedex just as he said it would. There was no documentation in the box, didn't expect it. The base plate on my slider was a bit skewed but it doesn't hinder operation. It looks like I can realign it if I can find my hex keys to loosen one screw. Otherwise its locked it real tight which I'd prefer than a perfectly aligned but loose support. So I'm leaving that alone.

The puck on the slider was cut so seamless I didn't realize that it was a separate piece until I saw some video reviews. I wish I knew that before I unscrewed the entire head. For the price it was good but don't expect big company QC. I'm a DIYer and I only dabble in video as a hobby, so maybe that makes me more tolerant. If I'd gone the Zaza/Igus route it would have cost me more in tools to build at probably less quality.

That being said, you might want to wait for a few more comments before you come to a conclusion.
Old November 9th, 2009, 12:53 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Dulay View Post
Which product are you asking about specifically? My experience with the slider might be different from those who own the rails.
Have you been able to use the slider successfully with the 7d? I had the Igus but the head got lost on a trip so I was thinking of replacing it with the mini slider.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2009, 05:42 AM   #4
Major Player

I haven't traveled with it yet and its my first slider so I don't know how to define successful.

It makes some noise while sliding, wondering if I should grease it up and how much. The 7D's ACG didn't pick it up the sliding over me talking. I'm use my HV20 with its hot mic would.

With the 7D and a zoom lens its too heavy for my Slik 504QF II head to hold level (tends to droop ... 11lbs indeed). Directly hooked up to the sticks it is stable for as long as the legs are spread wide but I'd still prefer to have a monopod on either end.. I almost toppled it on a slide when I got to one end. As for using the puck itself, it works okay for purely horizontal panning. With a video head on the puck, it locks in well enough to use the pan. Remember to adjust the head's handle so it doesn't snag.

If you have your neckstrap on camera, remember to fold or take it out. It tends to snag.

Sliding across its axis I see that a wide angle would see the slider unless you're pointing up.

It fits quite nicely in a rolling duffel though I doubt they'll let me carry it on. A hard case suitcase is probably best.
Old November 9th, 2009, 10:43 AM   #5
Inner Circle

The demo video I saw of that mini slider showed the camera mounted directly to the puck. If that's the case, does that mean you can pan and slide at the same time? Seems you won't be able to maintain framing if no ability to pan.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD