Education suggestions... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old November 8th, 2009, 05:59 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Education suggestions...

Hopefully next week I will get my 7D.

I have had a portrait studio for over 20 years and I have always wanted to learn to make my own film.

What is a good book or DVD series where a guy can learn what I need to learn. Or at least to get a good jump start.

Thanks,
Shawn
Shawn Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 06:44 PM   #2
Major Player

How to use the 7D for filmmaking? Philip Bloom's Training DVD is good, but pricy. Here's the DVInfo review:
Review: Learn Canon 5D Mark II Cinematography with Philip Bloom DVD DV Info Net

*You might be able to find quite a bit of Philip Bloom tips by just visiting his blog and other online video resources. He did a spot on RedGiant TV, although I don't know what all he covers in the DVD that I haven't seen before.

How to be a filmmaker?
The best book that I have ever read about filmmaking is Robert Rodriguez's "Rebel Without a Cause." You can get it for $10 on Amazon:
Amazon.com: Rebel without a Crew: Or How a 23-Year-Old Filmmaker With $7,000 Became a Hollywood Player (9780452271876): Robert Rodriguez: Books

For general knowledge of frame rates, editing and other, I would get a Lynda.com account for only $25 monthly. I have never cancelled mine as I always go and find something I'm looking for. Much better than book resources. I have all of the Apple Pro Training books, but Lynda has the same information and it's easier to find again.

For lighting, I'm finding strobist.blogspot.com to be a great resource. This is all meant for photography, but you can translate the ideas to video well.
Old November 8th, 2009, 06:59 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for the help.
Shawn Wright is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD