Sigma 30mm f.4 vs. canon 28mm f1.8? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old November 11th, 2009, 01:17 AM   #16
Trustee

Natw-
What preset did you use? Is it the "marvel Cine"?
Bruce Yarock
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 06:10 PM   #17
Trustee

I assume Natw refers to me :)

The shots were done with the standard picture setting that comes default with the camera.

This was a project I did with a group of film students, so my role was pretty much sit back and make sure everyone got a turn to do what they wanted. I provided equipment and did the majority of the shooting. That being said, with novice editors working on it now, I wanted a good image straight out of the camera, making it as simple as possible for them without needing to do extensive color correction.

I downloaded the "superflat" "marvel cine" and "velvia" picture profiles. I think the superflat is just too much unless I have a particular heavily-graded look in mind. I feel like it adds too much noise. The marvel cine is better, and I would probably use it on a project for normal grading. I like it the best, though it's hard to look at the image on the LCD and feel good about it after seeing the contrasty standard preset. Velvia is just strange looking for video in my opinion, I'll probably look for a new preset for my third slot.
Old January 6th, 2011, 08:55 AM   #18
Regular Crew

[QUOTE=B
Tokina arrived yesterday (found it at buydig.com), and the other lenses will be here today.
I'll report back.
Bruce Yarock[/QUOTE]

Anxiously awaiting your report Bruce!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD