Any chroma keying stories yet? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old November 12th, 2009, 03:25 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Any chroma keying stories yet?

I'm hoping the 7d will key better than my HDV camera, which isn't so great. Will the high data rate theoretically improve the chances of getting a good key? Who has keyed so far?
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2009, 04:57 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Check this:
Joachim Ljungquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2009, 06:49 PM   #3
Major Player

I have only done one quick interview in our studio with the 7D... and as rush a job as it was one thing was really clear. They 7D footage was WAY easier to key than HDV! I think it has the same chroma sampling as HDV, but there is just so much more information there and less noise which must help quite a bit. So I guess that's good news... oh, and I just used keylight in aftereffects. I hear you can get even better results with some of the other plugins such as dvmatte pro.
RED One #6135 "Spartacus"
Andrew Waite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2009, 12:51 PM   #4
Major Player

I have used a chroma key setup with Reflectmedia and it seems to be the same as my A1. I didn't notice anything different.
Lloyd Ubshura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2009, 04:58 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd Ubshura View Post
I have used a chroma key setup with Reflectmedia and it seems to be the same as my A1. I didn't notice anything different.
Well that's disappointing to hear...
Brian Luce is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD