Options for mounting Zoom H2 on shoulder rig at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old November 16th, 2009, 11:36 AM   #1
Major Player

Options for mounting Zoom H2 on shoulder rig

I tested the "prototype" of my shoulder mount rig I built recently, and I've decided that I want to go forward with optimizing it, as it REALLY helped with shooting out in the field. I built it out of PVC for now, with hopes of getting it machined later (my brother manages a machining shop).

I need to find a way to mount my Zoom H2 recorder and Sennheiser Ev. G2 100 wireless receiver to it, as my solution of using zip ties doesn't make it a quick or easy process to change batteries or turn the devices on/off. Has anyone else found a successful way to mount devices on their shoulder mount setups? Do I need to buy some rails and accessories? I'd like a solution that allows me access to the devices and to be able to see their displays from where they are mounted. I'll post pics of what I created, though it isn't really pretty right now.
Craig Coston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 12:57 PM   #2
Major Player

This is how I attach mine, at the right side I just clip the wireless receiver on the leather support. This whole assembly is transferred to the Multi Rig Pro when needed.

To attach the Tascam to the camera I use this plate iDC Photo Store - Specialty gear for the photographer
also a monitor swivel adapter, and a L plate I got from MultiRig Pro.
Attached Thumbnails
Options for mounting Zoom H2 on shoulder rig-my-gear-3.jpg   Options for mounting Zoom H2 on shoulder rig-my-gear-2.jpg  

Options for mounting Zoom H2 on shoulder rig-my-gear-1.jpg   Options for mounting Zoom H2 on shoulder rig-my-gear-4.jpg  

Options for mounting Zoom H2 on shoulder rig-my-gear-5.jpg  

Last edited by Rickey Brillantes; November 16th, 2009 at 01:43 PM.
Rickey Brillantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 04:01 PM   #3
Inner Circle

is that the $99 mini slider?
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 06:06 PM   #4
Major Player

It's the 24" $399 version
Rickey Brillantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 07:49 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I use a RedRock shoulder rig and mount my audio and two wireless receivers to an old Metz bracket bar I had lying around (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...se_Camera.html). I use two additional 1/4" screws in the bracket from other gear, and then use the thread at the end of the bar mounted to a hot-shoe thread which is then mounted to my rails via a micromount from redrock

This is the third time this week I've felt like I was showing off by attaching this pic. I'm really not.....
Attached Thumbnails
Options for mounting Zoom H2 on shoulder rig-redrockrig.jpg  
Christopher Lovenguth is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD