DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   Magic Lantern update (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/468467-magic-lantern-update.html)

Tramm Hudson November 27th, 2009 10:09 AM

Magic Lantern update

It is not very interesting yet since I don't have all of the internals sorted out -- my code is still in the flasher, not the ROM runtime and the only devices I have found are the CF card and bitmap display (hence the drawing of the palette on the screen and the write of the ROM image to the CF card).

The boot process takes a very long time since the Canon firmware is verifying the SHA1 signature of the entire flasher program, which is pretty slow on the ARM9. This will hopefully speed up once we're able to either enable autobooting from the CF card or bypass the signature checks.

To answer the most frequent of the FAQs: I don't know how long it will take to move from this stage to full support for the 7D. There are lots of obstacles in the way, which makes an accurate estimate very difficult. The next step is to figure out how to make a clean jump from the flasher back into the ROM image as part of a clean reboot.

Chris Hurd November 27th, 2009 11:39 AM

Thanks for the update, Tramm. All of us here sure appreciate everything you're doing.

Mike Peterson November 27th, 2009 11:41 AM

Thanks for the update. Very excited that you are making some progress.

Craig Maret November 27th, 2009 12:11 PM

great stuff seeing your progress and no worries about timescale.

Emrys Roberts November 27th, 2009 12:21 PM

Thanks Tramm, can't wait for this :)

Kirk Graham November 27th, 2009 01:41 PM

Thank you!

Thank you for all your hard work and i look forward to hearing how it all progresses!!!

Anthony Derbidge November 27th, 2009 01:47 PM

Tramm,

Good job! I looked at your wiki development site. I'm a basic programmer but hope that I can help! Thanks!

Alex Leith November 28th, 2009 03:15 AM

Tramm, thank you so much for working on this. I am really hoping you can get this to work and I'm really looking forward to Magic Lantern on the 7d. I feel like a kid waiting to find out if the massive Christmas present under the tree is for him!

Thank you

Lloyd Ubshura November 28th, 2009 09:24 AM

Tramm, thanks so much! Waiting with baited breath!

Ted Ramasola November 28th, 2009 10:04 AM

The world waits patiently for your progress Tramm. Good luck!

Dave Timperley November 29th, 2009 12:08 AM

Brillent.
Just got a 7D and now sit on tender hooks :-)

Andrew Waite November 30th, 2009 07:08 PM

If I have another son... I'll name him after you! Thanks!

Shawn Wright December 1st, 2009 02:14 PM

Thanks for the hard work.

Look forward to more news. Thanks for the update!!!

:)

Ian G. Thompson December 4th, 2009 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Waite (Post 1454273)
If I have another son... I'll name him after you! Thanks!

LOl...that's gratitude for ya...