EOS utility at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old December 7th, 2009, 08:21 PM   #1
Inner Circle

EOS utility

I have difficulty shutting down EOS Utility on a 2ghz dual core whitebook running leopard. Anyone encountered similar issues? Seems like a super useful little software.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2009, 08:48 PM   #2
Major Player

I haven't even installed it. To be honest, I'm not sure I know what it is for!
Paul Frederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2009, 08:51 PM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

EOS Utility allows for remote camera operation from your computer keyboard via USB.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2009, 03:28 AM   #4
Inner Circle

...and (at least with the 7D - dont know about the other Canons) it allows you to turn your laptop into a "remote Live View monitor" via that supplied USB lead.

Pretty good for corporate etc. staged shots in a controlled environment for focus/showing clients what the shot looks like etc. Not exactly suitable for run-n-gun tho! You can start and stop the recording via the laptop. There is a very slight delay with realtime and (less than 1/2 second on a fully loaded 2008 MBP at least - with which I can get the Live View viewing window to about 10 inches - you can't full screen it though, unfortunately). If anyone from Canon reads this - and we know they are good at listening to customers - please do a software update to allow full screen monitoring!

Anyway, even as it is, unlike a lot of C%$* ware that comes bundled with everything these days it's actually pretty useful software for me with these features alone (and it does a ton of other stuff too!)
Old December 8th, 2009, 02:49 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks for the info guys! I'm planning on a MACbook Pro soon, so it'll be very useful. I didn't mean to highjack the thread! Sorry Brian.
Paul Frederick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD