One week & the 7D bricked on me!!! Urgggh at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old January 8th, 2010, 05:01 PM   #1
Regular Crew

One week & the 7D bricked on me!!! Urgggh

Can't believe it.
What I thought was the card wasn't the card (posted on this - removed the card from the computer without ejecting first, then this screen popped up - must reformat card).

I have tried 3 different cards in the Camera and on the top LCD it flashes Busy, then on the LiveView it says can't read card, try reformatting. On 2 of the 3 cards, I reformatted on the Apple but that didn't help. And the camera wouldn't let me reformat. Called up Canon Customer Service and after trying a hard reset said I'd need to return it.

Has this happened to anyone else ?
Somehow I crashed the software.

Canon was cool and said it would take about 7 days to fix. But because I bought if from a big online retailer they handled it like pros and even gave me free saturday delivery so i can do my photo shoot tomorrow - so happy, this weekends going to be awesome!
Tim Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2010, 06:52 PM   #2
Major Player

LOL...well I'm glad it wasn't a TOTAL disapointment.
Ian G. Thompson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD