DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   Camera data stored in mov? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/471848-camera-data-stored-mov.html)

Marty Hudzik January 28th, 2010 12:27 PM

Camera data stored in mov?

Okay. So after testing, I can view data about each movie clip while it is still in the camera. By pressing info I can see all settings. Obviously it is stored in there somewhere. But after transferred to PC, where does this go? Some clips look noisy and some don't so I'd like to be able to verify the ISO settings but I cannot find where this is stored. Anyone have any ideas?

Perrone Ford January 28th, 2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Hudzik (Post 1478492)
Okay. So after testing, I can view data about each movie clip while it is still in the camera. By pressing info I can see all settings. Obviously it is stored in there somewhere. But after transferred to PC, where does this go? Some clips look noisy and some don't so I'd like to be able to verify the ISO settings but I cannot find where this is stored. Anyone have any ideas?

Oh, you want the metadata. I don't know anything that reads the metadata files. It's probably in the auxillary files.

Chuck Spaulding January 29th, 2010 10:18 AM

I would have thought Adobe Bridge would be able to read the metadata but that isn't the case and non of the software that came with the camera can read this data either.

That's kind of dumb.

Sorry, can't help you with this, let us know what you find.

Ben Winter January 29th, 2010 11:12 AM

I believe Cineform has a metadata preservation feature that displays the data on-screen in your NLE using a font engine that can be switched on/off. not sure if it's been implemented yet or if it picks up the 7D metadata.

Keith Moreau January 29th, 2010 07:49 PM

The .THM files that have the same names as the .MOVs store the metadata for the clips. I've found if I change the extension to JPG and then view them in "Preview" app on the Mac, and then do a Get Info on that file, all the metadata shows up.

Brian Luce January 31st, 2010 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Moreau (Post 1479230)
The .THM files that have the same names as the .MOVs store the metadata for the clips. I've found if I change the extension to JPG and then view them in "Preview" app on the Mac, and then do a Get Info on that file, all the metadata shows up.

Anyone know how to view THM files on PC? My default program is Sony DVD architect, which of course shows nothing. I've tried changing the extension, tried MS Paint, IE, a few others, never been able to make it work.

Andrew Holmes February 1st, 2010 10:52 AM

The "Image Browser" utility that comes with the camera (on the CD) does a fantastic job of displaying the metadata for each .mov file.