Canon EOS E1 Video Plug-In for Final Cut Pro at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old February 5th, 2010, 11:06 AM   #1
Obstreperous Rex

Canon EOS E1 Video Plug-In for Final Cut Pro

Rec'd this morning from Canon USA:

This is a courtesy e-mail to inform you that, Canon's EOS E1 video plug-in for Apple's Final Cut Pro was released today. This new plug-in allows simple and easy transfer of video content from Canon’s EOS DSLR cameras directly into Final Cut Pro. The EOS E1 video plug-in takes advantage of Final Cut Pro’s powerful Log and Transfer feature, which allows users to select and mark the video directly while it is still on the camera, add custom metadata and ingest the clips in the background so the editing can begin immediately.

The EOS E1 video plug-in is a free download soon to be available at Apple - Downloads - Mac OS X - Final Cut Studio. The plug-in is compatible with Final Cut Pro 6 or higher and currently supports Canon EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 7D and EOS 1D Mark IV cameras.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 11:56 AM   #2
Major Player

Not seeing it....
Matt Gottshalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 11:56 AM   #3
Major Player

I can't find this download anywhere on the Apple site. Was it removed? Is it called something else? Anyone else having this problem?
Bill Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 01:26 PM   #4
Major Player

It's there - down the list. It is called 5DtoFCP_v1.1 - this is the folder name that I downloaded anyway. Now I have to find out where all the files go...
Jon Braeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 01:36 PM   #5
Major Player

Direct link:

Apple - Downloads - Final Cut Studio - 5DtoFCP
Matt Gottshalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 01:48 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I'm pretty sure that's not the same plug-in as that one was released a few days ago, is not by Canon, and is mostly for 25p conversion.

I'm pretty sure the Canon one is called "EOS E1" and is not yet on the site as far as I can tell.
Ryan Postel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 02:10 PM   #7
Major Player

Looking forward to this - hopefully (at least until the firmware release), it'll transcode to ProRes w/ a 29.97 framerate...
Old February 5th, 2010, 02:39 PM   #8
New Boot

The 5DtoFCP 1.1 plug-in is NOT the plug-in we're talking about here. That one clearly states its made by Industrial Revolution, not Canon.

I wonder if this is the Glue Tools plug-in that was hyped by Vincent Lafloret earlier last year. I noticed there's no mention of that plug-in on Glue Tool's website anymore.
Richard Van Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 02:44 PM   #9
Regular Crew

The EOS-E1 plug-in is not available yet. Canon has only announced it's imminent release.

When it is released, it will be available, here:

Apple - Downloads - Mac OS X - Final Cut Studio
Lance Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 04:25 PM   #10
Major Player

I can confirm - now I checked the files - the 5DtoFCP that is lisdted on the site is not the log and transfer plug-in by Canon.
Jon Braeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 05:29 PM   #11
Major Player

Indeed, it's not there yet. Vince Laforet tweeted a little while ago...

"Canon & Apple announced Canon EOS E1 Movie Plugin for FCP - Log & Transfer plgn 4 Canon 5D MKII, 7D, 1D MKIV - avail soon (free)"
Old February 6th, 2010, 04:34 AM   #12
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Van Le View Post
I wonder if this is the Glue Tools plug-in that was hyped by Vincent Lafloret earlier last year. I noticed there's no mention of that plug-in on Glue Tool's website anymore.
I assume that this is indeed the FCP Plugin that Canon bought from Glue Tools that was referenced here on DVInfo over 6 months ago Canon D-SLR Log & Transfer Plugin for Final Cut Pro at DVInfo.net
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2010, 06:39 AM   #13
Major Player

Canon rep stated at Friday night's FCP Supermeet in SF that it will be posted soon. I wasn't there but saw the webcast. BTW, he also detailed Canon's new MPEG-2 LongGop 4:2:2 codec and showed a camera mock-up under glass.
Ned Soltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2010, 11:37 PM   #14
Regular Crew

I got that email about the E1 plugin. It says that the plugin was "released today" and "The EOS E1 video plug-in is a free download available at http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/finalcutstudio/."

Kind of annoying that it's not actually available. Full text from the email:

This is a courtesy e-mail to inform you that, Canon's EOS E1 video plug-in for Apple's Final Cut Pro was released today. This new plug-in allows simple and easy transfer of video content from Canon’s EOS DSLR cameras directly into Final Cut Pro(version 6.0.3 to 7). The EOS E1 video plug-in takes advantage of Final Cut Pro’s powerful Log and Transfer feature, which allows users to select and mark the video directly while it is still on the camera, add custom metadata and ingest the clips in the background so the editing can begin immediately.

The EOS E1 video plug-in is a free download available at Apple - Downloads - Mac OS X - Final Cut Studio. The plug-in is compatible with Final Cut Pro 6 or higher and currently supports Canon EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 7D and EOS 1D Mark IV cameras.
Jim Newberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2010, 08:13 AM   #15
Obstreperous Rex

Dang, that's what I get for posting press releases while I'm distracted (this came in the day of the SuperMeet). My apologies; I'll take responsibility for the initial confusion. I've edited the post to say "soon to be available."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Van Le View Post
I wonder if this is the Glue Tools plug-in that was hyped by Vincent Laforet earlier last year.
Ha, that's funny, because Vincent got it from DV Info Net! We're the ones who broke that story.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD