if on tripod filming a band / dance routine at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old February 11th, 2010, 10:26 AM   #1
Tourist

if on tripod filming a band / dance routine

Hi all.
only gear I have at mo is a canon 430 flash, nifty 50 (1.8) & sigma 18-50 f2.8 lens.
was using 40d on loan for 2 years but its gone now.

my 2 main requirements are architectural photography ( i know what i need there ) and a growing requirement is VIDEO.
at moment most of the videos will be of dance workshops or live band performances with dancing. quite often poorly lit and I will be setting up camera on a sturdy tripod and recording 30-60min show ( editing afterwards down to 5 mins and prob share on vimeo )

scenario will be usually stage/theatre or club venue. band will be fairly fixed in position with 2-3 dancers out front moving side to side and up to 5metres forward and back.

5d ii is probably out of budget. 7D seems to be my choice but I keep thinking that the size and discretion of the GH1 makes it a contender. except the photography requirement which makes 7d the main choice.

is the continuous auto focus of the GH1 a must for unattended recording of this dance performance. Or with 7D will I be locking focus with an approp DOF to cater for movement.
for fast moving things like dancing under demanding lighting will the video be smooth on 7d or is the gh1 far superior.

any advice appreciated.
p
Paul Dolan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD