Lens suggestions for night shoot - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old February 19th, 2010, 12:22 AM   #16
Inner Circle

On the 7D, I'd get the 17-55/2.8 IS. You get the extra stop. You get IS. You get a wider zoom range. About the only thing you don't get is the line of red paint.

Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens Review
Old February 19th, 2010, 12:58 AM   #17
Trustee

I had looked at that and considered it, but one of the things I wanted was weather resistance which comes only with the "red line of paint", and price was a consideration. The 17-40 will be the primary "walk around" lens and when the credit card recovers a bit I plan to order the 70-200 f4 L as well.

But you make a very good point
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2010, 02:28 PM   #18
Inner Circle

If you want weather resistance, then, yeah, an L is the way to go. Don't forget to use a screw on filter to complete the seal.
Old February 19th, 2010, 03:06 PM   #19
Major Player

I think you should get something at f1.4 or f1.8 and not less slower or it might get to noisy when you have to use higher ISO on those low light scenes.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD