7d tripod adapter? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old February 22nd, 2010, 12:32 PM   #1
Major Player

7d tripod adapter?

I have a 7d and a Manfrotto video tripod.

The little thing that I screw on to the camera and attach to the tripod isn't really ideal, is there some sort of still camera adapter I can get so I can still use this tripod?

I have the same attachment system on my Manfrotto fig rig as well
Chris Westerstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2010, 05:13 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Really Right stuff...

Really Right Stuff ... Your Camera Support Experts
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2010, 05:41 PM   #3
Major Player

Manfrotto's RC40 side-load works very well for the 7D/5D. It has a side lock lever like an ENG plate and is inexpensive, so it's easy to buy several and QR from tripod to handheld rig to jib to monopod etc etc without having to deal with proprietary plates.
Old February 24th, 2010, 05:12 PM   #4
Contributor

I have one of these:
manfrotto rc adapter

By Libec 38 plate stays permanently mounted to the base of my Cavision rig, and I use this Manfrotto on top of the rig. The rig has its own quick release plate, but I needed something to raise the camera a little to clear the screws that hold on the IDC/Hoodman viewer. I already had this quick release I used on the base of an L bracket with a handle, so I could pull the camera off and leave the bracket on the tripod if I wanted to. Same thing works with the Cavision rig. I can pull the tripod's plate and camera and entire rig off for shoulder-mount shots or just pull the camera off for stills. The Manfrotto is small but quite solid and sturdy.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 06:04 PM   #5
Major Player

I find the RC2 size system to be pretty ideal for the 7D and a lot of smaller camcorders, there are a few smaller Manfrotto heads that accept the RC2, or you can get the quick release receptacles mentioned above and mount them to most things, however you need to put a shim under if you want to attach it to something with a larger base because the release lever mechanism protrudes below the bottom of the receptacle.

I like the RC2 system because the hardware is pretty cheap, and it's a pretty positive feel, and the plates are easy to remove by hand, without a screwdriver. I have an RC2 plate on my 7D, on my 7D's 70-200 f2.8L tripod mount, on a bunch of ball heads, and the receptacles on a bunch of gorillapods, smaller tripods, slider, and jib, and I can mix and match pretty quickly. I've also used them occasionally to put on lighting gear and 'magic arms.'
Keith Moreau is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD