Editing w/ the T2i? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old March 3rd, 2010, 04:41 PM   #16
Major Player

Yes I know what neoscene is - I have the trial. I just wondered what advantage there is in using it rather that rendering from Vegas using the bundled cineform codec since its over $100?
Fergus Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 08:29 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergus Anderson View Post
Yes I know what neoscene is - I have the trial. I just wondered what advantage there is in using it rather that rendering from Vegas using the bundled cineform codec since its over $100?
There is no Cineform codec that comes with Vegas 9. That was discontinued. The Cineform codec that USED to come with Vegas was for decoding purposes, and could ENCODE to HDV sizes only. It could not be used to encode to 1080p.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 08:36 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Mennenga View Post
Jon, You can also download Mpeg Streamclip, a free software, that will convert to any number of formats. I am using the 5D and 7D for a newspaper.
I would not recommend this course of action for a Sony Vegas user. On a Mac.. yes. PC, generally not. Vegas, no way.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 11:03 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrone Ford View Post
There is no Cineform codec that comes with Vegas 9. That was discontinued. The Cineform codec that USED to come with Vegas was for decoding purposes, and could ENCODE to HDV sizes only. It could not be used to encode to 1080p.
I can encode to 1080p with Cineform on Vegas 9 Pro - but that's on a PC with Neoscene installed. I haven't tried it on a non-Neoscene enabled computer.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 11:53 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fairhurst View Post
I can encode to 1080p with Cineform on Vegas 9 Pro - but that's on a PC with Neoscene installed. I haven't tried it on a non-Neoscene enabled computer.
Yes, that is what Neoscene allows you to do. Without it, you can't encode ANY Cineform, only decode if you have the reader. The freebie version that used to ship with Vegas 7 (before it was called Neoscene) allowed you to decode any size, and encode up to 1440x1080. This software no longer comes bundled with Vegas.
Old March 4th, 2010, 01:58 AM   #21
Major Player

Thanks guys, must be beause i have neoscene installed. I used to use the cineform codec for encoding ages ago but thought that was Vegas 8.
Fergus Anderson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD