External Battery Pack at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old March 10th, 2010, 02:20 PM   #1
Regular Crew

External Battery Pack

I just picked up a 7D with a 24-105mm f4 zoom. I'm producing a documentary and will be using the 7D to shoot sit-down interviews. One issue I'm anticipating is battery runtime - clearly I'll need several batteries in my kit to cover a full day of shooting.

My question is - has anyone rigged an external battery pack to their 7D - something along the lines of an Anton Bauer video battery? Any info/advice from folks who have done this would be most appreciated.
Jeremy Pevar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 02:23 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Battery Grip

Honestly, I like the BG-E7 battery grip on the 7D. It adds a bit of bulk and weight, but with two battery bays, you can shoot for quite a while with it. And the batteries are small, so you can pack much lighter than with AB or brick-style batteries.

Just my .02.
Stephen Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 05:10 PM   #3
New Boot

battery Pack for 7D

There is this, Canon 5D/7D Power Tap Adapter from Switronix | CineTechnica
which will power your camera through a D-tap from either V-mount or gold, one drawback you have to get the AC power adapter for the 7D, which , I think plugs into the battery compartment on the underside of the camera !

anyways good luck

sr
Old March 10th, 2010, 05:32 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Switronix XP Cable

Thanks for the info. This is just what I'm looking for.
Jeremy Pevar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD