DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   32GB memory cards (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/474980-32gb-memory-cards.html)

Aaron Jones March 17th, 2010 08:46 AM

32GB memory cards

Has anyone had much joy with any non-SanDisk cards?

Perrone Ford March 17th, 2010 08:50 AM

My friend is using Transcends with his 7D. But he doesn't do a lot of video.

Guy McLoughlin March 17th, 2010 10:07 AM

My first choice is the new Patriot IRIS 32GB SDHC card, which has been designed for video recording ( according to the manufacturer ) and comes with a 5 year warranty.

Stan Chase March 17th, 2010 10:21 AM

I have four Patriot 16GB class 6 cards (blue shell) and can verify they work great in both the T1i and T2i.

There's some reports on another forum that Patriot class 10 cards stick in the card compartment of the camera, which makes it difficult to insert and remove them. Anyone here with that problem?

Guy McLoughlin March 17th, 2010 10:37 AM

I was playing with a friends T2i last night, and had no problems inserting or removing the Patriot LX 16GB Class 10 card from the slot.

The new Patriot cards do seem a tiny bit thicker, which might make them a little more robust to wear and tear.

David St. Juskow March 17th, 2010 12:58 PM

transcend works great for a lot of people- Patriot, I don't really know but Transcend is literally a couple of bucks more. Since the 32 gig cards are currently more expensive than two 16 gig cards, I'm about to purchase two 16 gig transcend for $41 each (including shipping) which is only a couple bucks more than the cheapest comparable Patriot card.

Transcend has more of a track record to me, so the 2 bucks is worth it. For now. Still waiting on the actual camera from B&H, though!

Robert Turchick March 17th, 2010 02:27 PM

Love my Delkin class 6 32gb

Jonathan W. Hickman March 19th, 2010 02:36 PM

How about Sandisk series 4 or class 4? I used class for CFs with a 7D without incident.

And I use series 4 or class 4 with my Kodak Zi8.

Aaron Jones May 18th, 2010 05:22 AM

After a lot of careful consideration, I went with the Transcend 16GB class 6.
With 32GB cards, I could run the risk of losing a great deal if there is ever an error, whereas 16GB cards half the risk.

Marc Faletti May 18th, 2010 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron Jones (Post 1528222)
After a lot of careful consideration, I went with the Transcend 16GB class 6.
With 32GB cards, I could run the risk of losing a great deal if there is ever an error, whereas 16GB cards half the risk.

I had a Transcend 32GB fail on me, so that was pretty terrible. I agree with Aaron -- no bigger than 16GB, and I've even stepped down to 8GB Sandisks now. Since you have to stop recording every 12 mins anyway, and you want to protect your data, *and* it's better to turn the cam off for a few secs every so often due to overheating, I think swapping cards regularly is a good thing.

Ed Cubillan May 18th, 2010 07:21 PM

I use Kingston 32Gb Class 6 SDHC card on my T2i. I also use a Kingston 32Gb Class 4 SDHC card on my Canon Vixia HF20 and Casio EX-FC150. I often switch cards between each device and had no problems. Keep in mind, these memory cards are electronic devices. Static could effect them. The contacts could also get effected. You should probably format these storage cards on occassions.