7D Plugin for final cut has been released - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old March 20th, 2010, 05:12 PM   #16
Major Player

I rented out my 7D yesterday so I wasn't able to play with the plugin, but I was excited to see it released before my birthday. I got my camera back today, but my only Intel machine (macbook pro) died today and Apple needs it for a week.

Happy birthday indeed.
Old March 21st, 2010, 10:42 AM   #17
Major Player

I get the same unsupported error. I took the images from the compact flash card and copied everything over to a 32gig usb stick and then dropped them onto my hard drive. I have the mov file with the .THM file beside it. What am I doing wrong?

Final Cut 7.0.1
Snow 10.6.2
Kelly Langerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 05:12 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Make sure the directory structure mirrors the Canon 7D card. I seem to have problems when it doesn't.

i.e. when you copy them over to another disk, make sure it's like:
Attached Images

Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:52 AM   #19
Trustee

I'm sorry did I miss this? Does this plugin work with OSX 10.5.7 (Leopard)?
Chuck Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:29 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Works

Works on my system fine. About real time transfer. Still much faster transfers with Quicktime player. (It will put multiples in multiple cores.)

I really like the you can turn off channel two. I put has noise into it to defeat the AGC with a Juicedlink Jl-DN101 Adapter. Much better audio.
Alan Halfhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2010, 08:39 PM   #21
New Boot

5D movies into Aperture

Guys

I have just returned from a 6 week trip to Canada and Alaska and shot quite a few video clips as well as 3,000+ stills on my 5D MarkII. Unfortunately I managed to drop it along with a few lenses into the sea (in a so called waterproof bag) and destroyed them. Bummer. Just waiting for insurance on them now.

Anyhow during our trip I imported all the stills and movies into Aperture3 on a daily basis and have like other postees, lost the THM files, directory struture etc.

Does anyone know whether the movie clips lose any quality (ie compression) going into Aperture. I have just dragged the mov files straight into FCP and they play OK in the timeline at least.

cheers
Old August 11th, 2010, 12:02 AM   #22
Major Player

Ouch..

No I dont think you will lose quality. I've edited some videos that I imported via Aperture and still looks perfectly fine..
Johannes Soetandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 10:19 AM   #23
Trustee

You can compare the quality by importing them using MPEG StreamClip. If you crank the quality to 100 it was as good if not better than the Canon plugin.

And best of all its free. Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter for Mac OS X
Chuck Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2010, 02:14 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Lahana View Post
Guys

Does anyone know whether the movie clips lose any quality (ie compression) going into Aperture.

cheers
The clips will be imported (copied) verbatim from the CF card into apertures library with no loss of quality. You are best advised to transcode the clips from H.264 into an editing codec (like Prores 422 LT) before editing them in FCP.

You obviously need to take care with settings when transcoding to ensure the highest possible quality. You can use compressor or Mpeg Streamclip to accomplish this. If however you want to re-construct, as it were, your CF cards and use the EOS plugin, then you will need to to ensure that you store the files in a nested tree with the folder DCIM/xxxxxxx where xxxxxxx is the folder name, like 100EOS7D. You will also need a THM file for each clip. As you don't have these, then you can copy any valid THM but remember to match up the filename. i.e. if your MOV is call MVI_1234.MOV then your must have a matching THM called MVI_1234.THM. Although the meta information and the thumbnail will be wrong it should be sufficient for the EOS plugin to recognise it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD