Looking for the Tokina 11-16 f2.8 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old April 10th, 2010, 09:57 PM   #31
Major Player

This is a nice lens. I was able to find one at my local dealer when no one else had them in stock. It was also $599. The dealer didn't know much about the lens, it seems they some how ended up with one and it was sitting in the display case when I came in to test out a 7D. I like the lens alot, though my favorite lens is the Canon 17-55 2.8 IS.

Daniel Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 02:49 PM   #32
Regular Crew

There's a Hong Kong seller on ebay right now that has 10 available. They're running about 710 USD. For people who have used this lens, at the 11mm end, does the picture have much distortion?
Zachary Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 08:17 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Tokina

I was really interested in that lens until I could not find one. I just ordered the EFS 10-22 instead. Both are really good lenses from what I have read.
Alan Halfhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 09:56 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary Mattson View Post
There's a Hong Kong seller on ebay right now that has 10 available. They're running about 710 USD. For people who have used this lens, at the 11mm end, does the picture have much distortion?
I just received one that I ordered from a hong kong ebay seller. I was a little worried that I might end up getting scammed, but the lens arrived in 5 days in seemingly new condition (the box was slightly beat up, but the lens is flawless). I paid $695 US.. I realize its more than B&H but I couldn't wait as I need it for a trip I'm leaving on. I doubt it would be covered by any type of US warranty, but thats a chance I'm willing to take..

I can't comment on the distortion at 11mm, but theres lots of reviews of this lens available on the web.
Brian Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2010, 09:37 PM   #35
Tourist

I walked into my local independent shop galaxy camera in ottawa and they had 4-5 tokinas for canon mounts, came out to 860$ total taxes included.....could not be happier with the lens :)
Dan Penner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2010, 11:32 PM   #36
Regular Crew

Just Received Mine From B&H

I should have bought a lottery ticket on the same day. I had the Tokina 11-16 f2.8 on my wish list. I happened to be getting some other stuff, saw that it was apparently in stock and ordered it. A day after I ordered...out of stock again. Go figure. (Great glass by the way)
Lucky Haskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2010, 01:37 AM   #37
Major Player

There are also some used ones on ebay right now... (as well as some new ones)
Steven Fokkinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2010, 01:39 PM   #38
Regular Crew

Below have it in stock:
www.photozoneonline.com $649
www.nelsonphotosupplies.com $629
have them when I looked today.

Also the Backscatter had it for $609 when I ordered this afternoon

Subbu

Last edited by Subbu Vedula; April 22nd, 2010 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Links got messed up
Subbu Vedula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2010, 09:26 PM   #39
Major Player

I got my lens (11-16mm) 2 days ago (I overpaid). One thing I like about it, is that it's real easy to get flares with it. I want an occasional flare or two in my videos, so I consider it a bonus.
Craig Terott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 03:11 PM   #40
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subbu Vedula View Post
Below have it in stock:
Photo Zone | Professional photo lab, SLR digital cameras and professional photographic equipment photo store - Parsippany New Jersey NJ $649
Nelson Photo $629
have them when I looked today.

Also the Backscatter had it for $609 when I ordered this afternoon

Subbu
Neither had in stock when I called. Tempted, but still wary, to order from overseas through eBay.

P.S. Just ordered on eBay through Taiwanese dealer Shuheido, who seemed to have good feedback. $614 + $59 shipping. Hope I don't live to regret this ;)
Ned Soltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 07:19 PM   #41
Major Player

Hey Tokina 11-16 f2.8 Hunters....they are back in stock!!!! (at the time of this post) Here's the link to Canoga Camera where I got mine. Enjoy!!!

Search Result Page | Lenses, Cameras & Accessories | Canon, Nikon, Sigma & Sony Camera Store
Steve Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 06:39 AM   #42
Regular Crew

Just ordered a Nikon mount from Adorama $599 + free shipping and will get a Canon mount version soon.
Old May 4th, 2010, 03:24 PM   #43
Major Player

these lenses now appear to be in stock at Adorama for the canons!!!!! But they have raised the price to $649.00.
Steve Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 03:36 PM   #44
Obstreperous Rex

Adorama (who recently signed on as a DVi sponsor) also sells it for $20 less as a kit including a UV filter:

TN1116EOSK Tokina 11mm - 16mm F/2.8 ATX Pro DX Af Canon EOS Digital Mount Lens Kit, with Tiffen 77mm UV Wide Angle Filter, Professional Lens Cleaning Kit

Edit: Oops, shows to be out of stock at the moment though.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 07:17 AM   #45
New Boot

Hm, I didn't know this lens is so hard to get... Even here in Switzerland the EF version is pretty much sold out, I found one single store that has it on stock, but unfortunately they don't ship out of the country.

Just in case someone can use this opportunity somehow:
Heiniger Onlineshop: Digitalkamera | Video > Objektive > Tokina

715 Swiss Francs are about $650 (tax is included in CH)

I guess I got lucky when I bought it (or was it still available mid february?). I simply walked into the nearest/cheapest store and just bought it.

And yes, it's definitely worth the wait, I wouldn't want to look for an alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary Mattson
For people who have used this lens, at the 11mm end, does the picture have much distortion?
As far as I can judge it the distortion is much less then I'd have expected of an ultrawide, I personally like it just the way it is. But the distortion is very smooth and easy to correct if needed.

I don't think I have to mention the outstanding sharpness... The only downside is that it's very prone to flares (with video more or less impossible to correct). But again, others like is ;-)
Shamol Majumder is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD