DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   T2i Video Jerking (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/475730-t2i-video-jerking.html)

Srinivasa Yerneni March 27th, 2010 07:15 PM

T2i Video Jerking

I am using Kingston 4GB Class 6 SDHC card for recording video. I recorded in 1920x1080 30 frames. When I downloaded the video to PC and played using Quicktime player, the video is jerking a lot. Pan shots look bad. But when I see the video in TV directly from T2i, the video is very smooth and looks good.

What is wrong with playing on PC? I do not have any video editing software.
Thanks in advance.

Richard Hunter March 27th, 2010 07:57 PM

Hi. It could be that your PC is not powerful enough to play back HD video smoothly. As a test, you can download a free video converter program and convert one of your clips to 1280x720 or even smaller. If that file plays smoothly, the original clip is OK and it is your PC that is the bottleneck. You need a fast processor to play AVCHD smoothly at full resolution.

Richard

Srinivasa Yerneni March 27th, 2010 08:16 PM

Thanks for the reply. Are there any free softwares to convert to 720P from 1080P with decent encoding?

Richard Hunter March 27th, 2010 08:25 PM

You can try Super converter (need to search for it because the download link changes all the time). It supports mp4 output, the quality depends on what data rate you select. 1280x720 looks pretty good at 5Mbps.

Richard

Tom Dickerson March 27th, 2010 09:47 PM

My T2i footage, even at 720p, jerks when playing in Quicktime. However, it plays smoothly in Nero Showtime. I thought that seemed strange.

Colin Rowe March 28th, 2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srinivasa Yerneni (Post 1506454)
Thanks for the reply. Are there any free softwares to convert to 720P from 1080P with decent encoding?

Try this. Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter for Mac and Windows BTW most systems will struggle with the Canons highly compressed H264 files. They will need to be converted for ease of editing in most NLEs

Stan Chase March 28th, 2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srinivasa Yerneni (Post 1506438)
I recorded in 1920x1080 30 frames. When I downloaded the video to PC and played using Quicktime player, the video is jerking a lot. Pan shots look bad. But when I see the video in TV directly from T2i, the video is very smooth and looks good.What is wrong with playing on PC?

Try using VLC to playback your files instead of Quicktime:

VideoLAN, Free streaming and multimedia solutions for all OS!

It can handle transcoding to 720p as well.

Rusty Rogers March 28th, 2010 01:33 PM

Playback with Media Player Classic works well also!
Media Player Classic - Home Cinema - Video Player

Srinivasa Yerneni April 2nd, 2010 05:32 PM

I tried "Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter" for windows as suggested above. Converted to MPEG-4 @ 10Mbps .mp4 clips. Now I can play them well using the latest VLC player. No jerking at all.

Thanks for the valuable replies.