DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   Sold out everywhere (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/476621-sold-out-everywhere.html)

Michael Keller April 11th, 2010 02:32 PM

Sold out everywhere

I've been looking to buy the T2i body (without kit lens) and it seems to be sold out everywhere. Anyone know an online retailer that has it in stock, or when one of the big retailers like amazon or adorama might restock it?

Thanks!

Mark Wheeler April 11th, 2010 04:29 PM

Costco - Canon EOS Rebel T2i 3.7 Frames Per Second HD Video 1920x1080

Just sell the kit lens.

Claude Lee Sadik April 11th, 2010 06:10 PM

I got the same problem on Amazon/Pixmania (UK) and after a series of delays, had to buy the kit with the 18-55mm. It was that or wait another month!
The kit lens is now - brand new on ebay - waiting to be sold.

Michael Keller April 11th, 2010 06:18 PM

But the kit lens is such junk, wouldn't I end up taking a loss on it?

David St. Juskow April 11th, 2010 06:44 PM

I ordered it through B&H and just waited till it came in- took a couple of weeks, but the sooner you place the order, the sooner you'll get it. Waiting until something has it in stock now will end up taking longer.

The kit lens debate continues- you may find it very handy for the $100 you spend on it.

Brian Luce April 11th, 2010 09:52 PM

I'll buy your kit lens. pm me.

George Angeludis April 12th, 2010 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Keller (Post 1512975)
But the kit lens is such junk, wouldn't I end up taking a loss on it?

There are others which say it isn't junk.

Aaron Dunlap April 12th, 2010 10:45 AM

The kit lens is OK, but for film-making its not nearly as nice as any prime lens or fixed f-stop zoom lens. The main issue with the kit lens for film-making is that it is not fixed f-stop, so when you zoom, the picture will darken (if your shutter speed and ISO are also fixed, but even if they are on automatic I would imagine there would be some visible picture adjustment happening when you zoom)

George Angeludis April 12th, 2010 10:49 AM

Yes and I think they say it: 3.5-5.6.
This is a film approach to HD not a video one.
At least when it comes to photographic terms.

Doug Carlyn April 13th, 2010 08:21 PM

Tip for NYC shoppers

I just did a hard target search of every camera store on Manhattan island and every place has this camera on back order 1-3 weeks, most of them closer to 3 weeks. Only one store I found had it in stock (sadly, with kit lens) and that was the Best Buy on 23rd Street. I got mine there today. They have about 5 more left. I predict they'll be gone soon.

Matthew Harris April 14th, 2010 09:52 PM

i had just sold my canon 300d and 400d so i was in the market to upgrade my dslr and i had been waitng for the t2i...i got lucky as i stumbled into one last weekend...i had just read an article in usa today stating that the t2i was hard to find...i saw that b&h was out of stock...i am not the biggest fan of best buy but i was just wasting some time in their camera/video dept and they had a price display card for the t2i but the camera was not on display...i said to the guy it looks like you don't have that in stock...he opened the case and they had two sitting there...the dslr for stills is great and the video quality is amazing...

Aaron Dunlap April 15th, 2010 07:54 AM

I'm so tempted to walk into Best Buy and grab the one they have. But its the kit and I dont really want to drop and extra $100 + sales tax when places like adorama have the body for $799 and no sales tax. I'd rather put that $130+ toward a 24-70 f/2.8, or a Zoom H4N.

Decisions, decisions...... :-)

Michael Rosenberger April 15th, 2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Wheeler (Post 1512939)

That is what I ended up doing. Bit more cost, but I made it up selling my old XSi with the new kit lens, and also selling the older kit lens.

Roger Shealy April 15th, 2010 04:48 PM

Norman Camera had the T2i body in stock as of the time of this posting:

Canon EOS Rebel T2i Digital Rebel Black Body

Michael Ojjeh April 15th, 2010 07:16 PM

Thanks Roger, Just got the last one :)