DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   7D Firmware 1.2.1 (Temp, Vertical Banding) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/476863-7d-firmware-1-2-1-temp-vertical-banding.html)

Jenn Kramer April 15th, 2010 09:14 AM

7D Firmware 1.2.1 (Temp, Vertical Banding)

Canon EOS 7D Firmware Update

Firmware Version 1.2.1 incorporates the following improvements and fixes.

1. Extends the timing at which the high temperature warning indicator is displayed and the timing of automatic shut down of the camera due to a rise in internal temperature during Live View or EOS Movie functions.
2. Optimizes program shift when the ISO setting of the camera is set to AUTO.
3. Corrects a misspelling in the French-language menu.
4. Corrects a phenomenon in which vertical magenta-colored banding appears in still images taken in movie-shooting mode.
(This only occurs when in Manual exposure mode and when the ISO speed is set to "H". Note that this phenomenon only affects units with Firmware Version 1.2.0)

Sean Seah April 15th, 2010 09:46 AM

ah.. its finally out!

Wayne Avanson April 16th, 2010 02:46 AM

No manual audio control then…

Chad Nickle April 16th, 2010 09:35 AM

Every board this has been posted on has seen nothing but whiners! It FIXES the overheating issue. The 5d firmware will come to the 7d, relax.

Marty Hudzik April 16th, 2010 10:43 AM

How does this fix the overheating thing exactly? Does it actually "not heat up" as much now, or does it still heat up exactly the same but they have adjusted the sensor to not trigger as soon, thus allowing more time before it shuts down? I am cool with this getting tweaked but would love to know what it actually does here.

Also, I am a bit skeptical to install as I have seen bios updates break other "working" items accidentally. Isn't there some type of focus issue with the 5Dmk2 firmware with certain lenses?

Still, after my photo shoot this afternoon I think I will apply this. :)

Chris Hurd April 16th, 2010 10:45 AM

In case anyone is wondering:

Q. How to I tell which firmware is installed at the present time?

A. Menu > Setup 3 > Firmware Ver.

Alexander Ibrahim May 5th, 2010 04:58 PM

I'd like very much to use this camera when shooting to acquire sync sound, but I either have to deal with automatic gain control, or I have to deal with mono sound- because all the AGC disabling tricks leave me with noise or artifacts.

So, Canon, hurry up with the Manual AGC control and some basic audio level meters. Just about everyone who wants this feature has external adaptors and mixers, so you can set levels with tone- leave the fine control to those gadgets.

Just get it out already!

John Richard April 28th, 2011 06:20 AM

Re: 7D Firmware 1.2.1 (Temp, Vertical Banding)

We're at 1.2.5 now.

While STILL no correction for manual audio, it is reported to fix issues some folks were having with certain CF cards.

Remember that once you do install the new firmware you cannot go backwards.

So if you are in the midst of something critical you may want to wait a bit to see if any new issues pop up with 1.2.5. Or if you were sticking with the early firmware that did not lockout the Magic Lantern hoped for manual audio fix then you may not want to update - but it is kind of obvious that dream isn't going to happen at this late date. And there are other workaround solutions if you make the choice to record audio to the 7D instead of recording double.