DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   white rectangle - disable (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/477137-white-rectangle-disable.html)

George Zabetas April 19th, 2010 06:37 AM

white rectangle - disable

just bought this camera yesterday and cant seem to remember if that wide rectangle was always in the middle. is it possible to remove this?

Rusty Rogers April 19th, 2010 03:16 PM

Yes, but you must switch to Manual Focus on your lens.

Dave Dodds April 19th, 2010 03:47 PM

I'm trying to figure out the same thing. When I switch to MF on the lens, the white rectangle comes on. When I switch to AF, it's off. Seems counterintuitive.

~~Dave

George Zabetas April 19th, 2010 03:48 PM

rusty, i think you mean the tall focus rectangle that does go away on manual.
the annoying one is the wide rectangle. the documentation refers to it as the magnfying zoom. when i am on manual that one replaces the other square.
so no matter which mode i always get a square on the screen (tall or wide).
do you get it as well?

dave i think its because once we are in manual focus they assume we need the zoom in function to better focus with our hands. you can zoom into that creepy square and better focus. since you get it too, i assume its not a malfuntion. thanks for the info.
i guess we live with it.

PS first class 6 memory cards have all given the "Stopped recording mode".
also vegas cant open the quicktimes.
discovering i need new neoscene or dvfilm codecs and whatnots.
also need lenses.....
what have i gotten myslelf into ???
good ole canon xh a1, why did i abandon you .....:)

Dave Dodds April 19th, 2010 04:15 PM

Before I picked up the T2i, I had done a number of shoots on the 5D and I had the ability to magnify for focus but did not have the constant rectangle. I wonder if there's some undisclosed way of turning it off for this little guy.

Oh well.

~~Dave

John Vincent April 19th, 2010 08:42 PM

Wonder about this too....

john

Bruce Foreman April 19th, 2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Zabetas (Post 1516589)

PS first class 6 memory cards have all given the "Stopped recording mode".

You are encountering "buffer overrun". The buffer fills up, camera shuts down recording.

Most common cause is "bargain" media cards. With the T1i some encountered this with Kingston Class (6) cards, Canon tech advised the camera could be "brand picky" (Nikon D90 did same thing sometimes). Owner was advised to use Sandisk Extreme III. He did and his problem "went away".

Avoid Patriot, A-Data, and even Transcend. All (even in Class (6) are slower than SanDisk Extreme III. With the first two performance from card to card can be inconsistent. Transcend isn't quite as bad but still not fully dependable.

On Vegas not being able to read your .MOV files, it's more likely your computer processor.

George Zabetas April 20th, 2010 01:27 AM

on the memory cards, i have and order coming in today trying out a transcend (other brands hard to find in rural greece) that was on tom's hardware recommended for dslrs. i think that will do the trick.
on the quicktimes that vegas couldnt open i discovered that the latest version of itunes installed quictime 7.6.6 that doesnt work with vegas. had to uninstall and reinstall version 7.2.x something. that did the trick,.
now it sees them but the 25p videos are seen as interlaced. its false so it doesnt matter.

you may be right on the processor because i cant even play the quictime movies on their own. they stutter and skip like crazy, even in half size mode.

white square wont go away i think, unless a firmware update.