Got my Z-Finder Jr. - First Impressions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old April 20th, 2010, 11:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Got my Z-Finder Jr. - First Impressions

I received my Z-finder Jr. via UPS today. You can see my first impression on my blog:

Z-Finder Jr. – First Impressions|Not Afraid!
Old April 21st, 2010, 06:42 AM   #2
Major Player

Paul-

You mention in your review that the Hood Loupe does not have magnification but if you buy it with the HoodMag3.0 you have 3 x magnification + the ability to focus to your particular eyesight with a diopter adjustment. I am also using the Manfrotto 501 baseplate and find the HoodLoupe with the RedRock Micro fits well between the baseplate and camera and can easily be slid out by slightly loosening the screw that holds the baseplate to the camera - no need to remove the baseplate completely.. When you add up the cost: $ 39.50 for the RedRock mount*, $ 79.99 for the HoodLoupe and $ 39.99 for the HoodLoupe Mag 3.0 (Total: $ 159.48) there is a $ savings since I believe the retail on that is $ 265.

*There are two prices for the RedRock mount on the website - $ 39.50 and $ 55.00 - obviously I chose the former and it included Fedex Priority Overnight delivery.
Barry J. Weckesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 09:12 AM   #3
Contributor

I just bought the Hoodman 3X magnifier for my IDCphotography.com/Hoodman setup. I didn't really need it but the 3X is nice and can allow me to focus sometimes without using the 5x/10x button.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 09:50 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Barry, at the time I ordered the Jr. in late March the Hoodloupe Magnifier had not been released yet to my knowledge or I probably would have gone that direction. I will update my review to include that detail.

Thanks for the comment.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD