Need a light-weight wide angle for steady cam work at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old April 21st, 2010, 11:45 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Need a light-weight wide angle for steady cam work

Hello my fellow 7Ders...

I'm looking to buy a light weight wide angle for my 7D.. preferably 1lbs or less to be used for flying on a Glidecam 2000. It doesn't need zoom, but I would like at least 10 - 11mm.

I rented the Tonika 11 - 16 over the weekend and it's great lens, but a heavy beast!

On my first glance around I've only found big heavy lenses so far.

Any recommendation would be much appreciated!
Jeff Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 12:20 PM   #2
Regular Crew

The Canon 10-22mm is supposed to be pretty good. let me know if you want to sell the Tokina lens as looking to purchase one of these :)
Tim Davison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 12:27 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Canon 10-22mm is indeed very, very good and lighter than the Tokina 11-16 with less flare and less barrel distortion as well as a much more useable zoom range and closer near focus ability - amongst a few other benefits. Not as fast though. Here's a thread that includes info (and a video) on a quick test I did with my Canon 10-22 on my Steadicam a few days ago.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eo...eadicam-3.html

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD