Neoscene at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old April 22nd, 2010, 10:06 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Neoscene

I apologize for what may seem to be a stupid question, but...

I have a 7D and I am wondering if I should get Neoscene or NeosceneHD. Any thoughts?
Old April 22nd, 2010, 10:23 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I use Neo Scene it also has the name CineForm HDlink, I got it from VideoGuys for $99
Old April 22nd, 2010, 03:35 PM   #3
Major Player

Cineform offers trial versions of both that are fully functional for I think 7 days. I would personally try out NeoHD first, and see if you like First Light (a tool that comes with NeoHD). It seems like a great tool, and I think I might upgrade from NeoScene to it soon. If you feel you could do without First Light, then go with Neoscene.
Craig Coston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2010, 07:30 PM   #4
Major Player

If you're having difficulty editing the 7D native files, yes. NeoScene will convert the 7D MOV files to AVI which are much easier to edit.

Using a new i7 PC with 8gb memory I can only place about 10 ten second clips on the Vegas Pro 9 timeline before the software chokes. Converting to AVI via NeoScene solves this problems and makes for a much smoothing editing experience.

Good luck.
Dan Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2010, 07:33 PM   #5
Regular Crew

As a user of Neoscene, NeoHD and Prospect 4k I would suggest that you get NeoHD...

The biggest difference between Neoscene and NeoHd is that Cineform includes First Light with
NeoHD... First Light is for post color adjustment of your footage and works very well with your NLE.

Cineform just anounced that they are getting ready to release version 5 at the end of this month....

If you purchase a product now you get a free upgrade to V5 and a free pair of 3D glasses from Gunnar.

The sofware is very good....
Ray Bell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD