DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   B&H pricing changes (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/478318-b-h-pricing-changes.html)

Dan Shallenberger May 7th, 2010 09:34 PM

B&H pricing changes

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this... seemed appropriate.

I looked at [a popular online retailer] last week for the LP-E6 batteries for my 7D, and they were $69.95, but out of stock. So, I added them to my wishlist and went on. Got the email that they were in stock again, but now $79.99. Ugh, oh well, had to get one. Ordered just one earlier this week for the higher $79.99 price. Now, just saw they're out of stock again, and now they are $89.99!

Is demand driving the price up $10 a week?? Should have bought 5 at the $79.99 price.

Mike Dulay May 7th, 2010 09:43 PM

Wow, when I bought my first one in October last year it was about $58+shipping. The second one around January was $65. The supply must be low right now with all the 5D and 7D users? I'm looking at an internet superstore, the 3rd party seller in their listing wants $108 for the same battery. The seller's main store shows out of stock, 1-2 months to deliver. Isn't this taking supply/demand a bit far?

Jon Braeley May 8th, 2010 07:44 AM

Alternative - generics: I bought 2 batteries plus charger for $30. (ebay...Scchhhh!!).

Norman Pogson May 9th, 2010 08:51 AM

Hi Jon, did you see this thread about non Canon batteries, http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eo...d-battery.html

Dan Shallenberger May 9th, 2010 10:02 PM

Yeah, Mike, maybe I should be counting my blessings they're only $90 at B&H. I've seen them well over $100 elsewhere, like $105 at amazon. I just need to suck it up and buy 2 or 3 more at once when B&H gets them back in stock.

Michael Curtis May 10th, 2010 02:51 PM

Globalstore.org???

Has anyone purchased a Canon LP-E6 from Globalstore.org? It looks like they are selling the LP-E6 for $54.99 (plus $10 s & h). I can't tell if it's in stock or if it's the real thing (not generic). Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Michael

Michael Curtis May 10th, 2010 03:02 PM

I think it must be generic b/c it says "Replacement for Canon LP-E6" It would have been a good price though!

Michael Dalton May 11th, 2010 12:42 PM

Ouch!!! A few months back I needed to buy a bunch and got them at 62$ In canada here they were over 120$ My main dealer here who has great prices could not explain. I guess it is more that B&H is coming closer to the market price. Wonder what kind of deal they had.

Michael Winget May 12th, 2010 11:19 AM

I paid about $60 each off of Amazon (maybe 2 months ago). I say get on eBay and keep checking. The deals are there if you're willing to put in a little time.

I bought some extras on eBay for my 7D, and it all came with 2 generic batteries and charger. I keep those in my bag as emergency backups...have had to use one once, and although I couldn't tell how much charge was left, the battery worked great. In my opinion, it's worth paying the extra $20 - $30 for the real deal for power. Buy generic timer remotes, flashes, lens hoods, and support gear. Get good lenses, batteries, and CF cards.

Jim Martin May 12th, 2010 12:07 PM

#1 rule on batteries....don't go cheap. Buy real Canon batteries from a real Canon dealer. There are lots of suspect e-tailers out there that list items below cost just to get you to buy (ie Crooklyn). Most often, they are not in stock...because they are not a legit dealer and when they do get them, the price rises dramatically. They will sell you a grey market unit...meaning they were bought in another country. They have no warranty, and if you have a problem with your camera thats related to the power, now you have a bigger problem getting it fixed, especially if you are still in the warranty period for the camera. Canon doesn't open new dealers very often...its a bit of a process in which Canon does alot of homework to make sure they are opening a good dealer. Buying on EBay can be another "yous takes your chances" type transaction. While a few are from legit dealers trying to lower stock levels, the majority are selling used or grey market items. No regular dealer is trying to lower stock levels on these batteries....they sell too much.

Finally, there are huge amounts these cameras being sold and Canon does not raise 1 week and lower prices the next. Stay with the long time, known dealers like the sponsers on this site.

Jim Martin
Filmtools.com