T2i HD video equal-to-7D? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old May 15th, 2010, 06:16 PM   #1
Regular Crew

T2i HD video equal-to-7D?

This is purely what I use the 7D for, its superb video quality; so my question is, does the Rebel T2i have the same video quality? Although I fell in love with my 7D, I've kept an open mind and I must know if I can accomplish the same aesthetic quality with the T2i, which would make a multi-camera shoot so much more affordable.

Thanks guys!
Jonny Norquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2010, 07:27 PM   #2
Regular Crew

The only thing I don't like so far is the color noise with ISO's from 200 and up with the kit lens and at dark areas.
Old May 15th, 2010, 09:12 PM   #3
Trustee

The glass will make the difference. There's a few tests out there that show same lens, same subject and you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference.
I have borrowed a 7D to see what the differences are. The one thing I do miss on the T2i is the "in-between" ISO control. There have been a few times where it would have been handy. But I'm getting unbelievable results on the T2i especially with my selection of lenses. The 50mm 1.4 is the king of the heap though! BTW, I have had no issues matching my buddy's 5D on multi cam shoots so I can almost guarantee the 7D will not be a problem.
Old May 15th, 2010, 09:28 PM   #4
Major Player

I would say that it is considered common knowledge that video quality from 7D and T2i is almost identical. One can certainly do a multi-cam shoot with these two cameras.
Sam Kanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2010, 10:44 PM   #5
Major Player

The main benefits the 7D has over the T2i in terms of video are the inbetween ISOs and the ability to dial in specific Kelvin temps. Since you're a 7D video user already you'd know if you use those features regularly.

I plan to get a 7D (or a 5DMII) to go with my T2i.
Bryan McCullough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2010, 01:57 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I appreciate the info, thanks guys!
Jonny Norquist is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD