DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   T2i video battery life question (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/479459-t2i-video-battery-life-question.html)

Dave Bacon May 26th, 2010 04:12 PM

T2i video battery life question

Hi folks
what sort of battery life do you get from the stock t2i while doing video?

Dave

Bryan McCullough May 26th, 2010 08:10 PM

About an hour to an hour and a half.

Jad Meouchy June 5th, 2010 02:31 AM

in a typical day of shooting, it costs me one battery charge to fill a 16gb card, and sometimes a little more than one battery charge

Tariq Peter September 17th, 2011 05:06 PM

60D Battery Life?

I will be filming 16 hours over 2 days, I am buying a battery grip can anybody tell me how many batteries I need and how long they take to charge? I will be shooting full HD video. Thank you.

Nigel Barker September 18th, 2011 02:37 AM

Re: T2i video battery life question

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tariq Peter (Post 1682804)
I will be filming 16 hours over 2 days, I am buying a battery grip can anybody tell me how many batteries I need and how long they take to charge? I will be shooting full HD video. Thank you.

You would be better off starting a new thread on 60D battery life rather than tagging on to a discussion on 550D/T2i batteries. The 60D uses the same battery as the 5DII & 7D & in my experience I get through 6-8 batteries for a long day's shooting with the 5DII but I have no idea whether battery life is similar for the 60D.

Taky Cheung September 18th, 2011 11:02 PM

I also use T2i/T3i with battery grip. Didn't really time it.. but if I start shooting in the morning, I will need to replace battery in mid afternoon.

One thing to notice is, when you see the battery gauge showing half gone, it's time to replace the batteries in the grip.

I also have 1400mAh high capacity LP-E8 for T2i. The one comes with the camera is only 1120mAh.

LP-E8 1400mAh High Capacity Canon Compatible Battery | L.A. Color Online

Tariq Peter September 27th, 2011 07:49 AM

LP-E8 Battery

Hi,

I am about to buy a battery grip from amazon and looking to buy some extra batteries on ebay but not sure if anybody has come across them before

New Battery for Canon EOS 600D 550D LP-E8 LPE8 T3i UK | eBay They are only £4.79 with a capacity of 1350 mAh which seems great.

The alternative is on amazon which is £11.25

I have never purchased from ebay before so I can't see reviews of people who have purchased this item.

Colin Rowe September 27th, 2011 08:37 AM

Try the cheap one, if they are OK, result.
This is a good buy http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BATTERY-GR...item2eb458db17
I have purchased from them before, found them very good

Nigel Barker September 27th, 2011 09:46 AM

You can get a cheap battery grip that has an LCD clock & has a built-in interval time which is handy if you want to do some time lapse sequences.

I would try a couple of the cheap batteries too. If they work then great, if they don't last as along as a proper Canon then you have still only spent less than a tenner.

I have four of these batteries which are claimed to be 2000mAH but I can't say that I have noticed that they last any more or less than the proper Canon batteries that cost three times the price.

Tariq Peter September 29th, 2011 07:04 PM

t3i battery

Hi,

Thanks for this, I am having real trouble getting a decent reviews for any battery. The most popular replica battery on amazon only has 7 reviews and even they are mixed. I contacted the ebay seller but reading a few other forums I see that those batteries give people real nightmares. It seems like most people just go for the original to be on the safe side.