T2i video battery life question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old May 26th, 2010, 04:12 PM   #1
New Boot

T2i video battery life question

Hi folks
what sort of battery life do you get from the stock t2i while doing video?

Dave
Dave Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 08:10 PM   #2
Major Player

About an hour to an hour and a half.
Bryan McCullough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2010, 02:31 AM   #3
Major Player

in a typical day of shooting, it costs me one battery charge to fill a 16gb card, and sometimes a little more than one battery charge
Old September 17th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #4
Major Player

60D Battery Life?

I will be filming 16 hours over 2 days, I am buying a battery grip can anybody tell me how many batteries I need and how long they take to charge? I will be shooting full HD video. Thank you.
Tariq Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 02:37 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Re: T2i video battery life question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tariq Peter View Post
I will be filming 16 hours over 2 days, I am buying a battery grip can anybody tell me how many batteries I need and how long they take to charge? I will be shooting full HD video. Thank you.
You would be better off starting a new thread on 60D battery life rather than tagging on to a discussion on 550D/T2i batteries. The 60D uses the same battery as the 5DII & 7D & in my experience I get through 6-8 batteries for a long day's shooting with the 5DII but I have no idea whether battery life is similar for the 60D.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 11:02 PM   #6
Inner Circle

I also use T2i/T3i with battery grip. Didn't really time it.. but if I start shooting in the morning, I will need to replace battery in mid afternoon.

One thing to notice is, when you see the battery gauge showing half gone, it's time to replace the batteries in the grip.

I also have 1400mAh high capacity LP-E8 for T2i. The one comes with the camera is only 1120mAh.

LP-E8 1400mAh High Capacity Canon Compatible Battery | L.A. Color Online
Old September 27th, 2011, 07:49 AM   #7
Major Player

LP-E8 Battery

Hi,

I am about to buy a battery grip from amazon and looking to buy some extra batteries on ebay but not sure if anybody has come across them before

New Battery for Canon EOS 600D 550D LP-E8 LPE8 T3i UK | eBay They are only £4.79 with a capacity of 1350 mAh which seems great.

The alternative is on amazon

which is £11.25

I have never purchased from ebay before so I can't see reviews of people who have purchased this item.
Tariq Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2011, 08:37 AM   #8
Major Player

Try the cheap one, if they are OK, result.
This is a good buy http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BATTERY-GR...item2eb458db17
I have purchased from them before, found them very good
Old September 27th, 2011, 09:46 AM   #9
Inner Circle

You can get a cheap battery grip that has an LCD clock & has a built-in interval time which is handy if you want to do some time lapse sequences.

I would try a couple of the cheap batteries too. If they work then great, if they don't last as along as a proper Canon then you have still only spent less than a tenner.

I have four of these batteries which are claimed to be 2000mAH but I can't say that I have noticed that they last any more or less than the proper Canon batteries that cost three times the price.

Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2011, 07:04 PM   #10
Major Player

t3i battery

Hi,

Thanks for this, I am having real trouble getting a decent reviews for any battery. The most popular replica battery on amazon only has 7 reviews and even they are mixed. I contacted the ebay seller but reading a few other forums I see that those batteries give people real nightmares. It seems like most people just go for the original to be on the safe side.
Tariq Peter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD