Anyone else have this issue(battery) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old June 5th, 2010, 02:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Anyone else have this issue(battery)

So, I purchased an aftermarket battery, I decided to run the camera through all it's functions to make sure. It worked fine for photos and seemed to capture video just as well. However it would not play any of the video back I kept getting "Cannot play video". I tried switching the camera off and on to no avail. Naturally this concerned me, so I switched back to the OEM battery which then played the videos just fine. The brand was power2000 and it was a 7.4v 1500mAh battery, I chalked it up to a gremlin that needed 7.4 volts to wake up, and am returning the battery. Think I'm going to look for a 7.2v next time

Has anyone else had similar problems with after market 7.4v batteries?

Last edited by Adrinn Chellton; June 5th, 2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Added the mA/hour rating of battery
Adrinn Chellton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2010, 03:17 PM   #2
Regular Crew

no issues at all. I bought 2 7.4V 1200mAh no brand batteries on ebay and so far no problems.
Slavomir Valko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2010, 04:35 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Well, I was just reading another thread and it seems that these cameras don't like Patriot memory. I currently have a 8gb patriot class 10 card, so I'll have to buy another brand and re check the battery to be sure it's not a combination of both causing this.
Old June 5th, 2010, 08:37 PM   #4
Major Player

I've got three 16gb class 6 cards that vie been using and they've worked fine. I have, however, only used the official batteries.
Bryan McCullough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2010, 12:46 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I have 3 7.4 1200mah after markets from ebay. No problems of any kind noted, tho one seems to recharge longer then the others.
Burt Alcantara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2010, 02:45 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Well this one stumped me, I just bought a new SDHC card and I haven't seen the error again. I've decided to exchange the battery also, just to make sure. I'll try out a 7.2 aftermarket battery next and see how it goes.
Old June 7th, 2010, 02:11 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Definitely interesting that a battery would cause a problem like that only during PLAYBACK.
I can hear Howie Mandel: "Doctor said turn your head and cough...okay. But all I want to know is...where's the connection???"
I've got 2 OEM batts and a 32GB Patriot. No problems here.
"Your world is all these elements; of light and sound, of taste, smell, and touch. Woven together in many dimensions on the fabulous loom of your brain. Your brain; the most complicated thing in the world, which you yourself grew...without even thinking about it."
Kent Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2010, 09:55 PM   #8
Major Player

My money's on the patriot card being the issue because I had problems with two Patriot class 10 16GB cards and had to return them both. It is possible that there is some strange combination of battery and card, that would be good information to send off to Patriot..

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD