T2i / 550D knock-off battery grip review at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old June 27th, 2010, 01:49 PM   #1
Regular Crew

T2i / 550D knock-off battery grip review

Hi guys,

I've just posted a new blog post reviewing a my new knock-off T2i/550D battery grip. I'm very happy with it, check it out:

T2i / 550D knock-off battery grip review | Nino Film - Blog - Nino Leitner

Your comments are always greatly appreciated!

Nino
Nino Leitner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2010, 08:28 PM   #2
Trustee

Thanks for the review, Nino. Did you have any issues with the camera not communicating with the battery grip? Also, thanks for the review on the Eneloop batteries. I wouldn't ever buy rechargeable AA batteries again without a rave review and some numbers backing up their performance. Perhaps I'll give these a try.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #3
Regular Crew

No, haven't had any communications issues between the grip and the camera so far.

I know that AA rechargeables are often not worth their money, but I can guarantee you, the eneloops haven't ever disappointed me. Give them a shot.
Nino Leitner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 09:28 AM   #4
Major Player

I also bought a 'knock-off' grip for my 550d from ebay. So far I've had no problems with it. It also came with 2 compatible batteries and a remote control... all for 1/3rd price of the original canon grip.

Like Nino says, the camera is better balanced when using heavier lenses. It also makes the camera look more 'substantial'. I wouldn't be without it.

Drew
Drew Curran is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD