DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   T2i backordered everywhere? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/481096-t2i-backordered-everywhere.html)

Dennis Stevens June 29th, 2010 08:47 AM

T2i backordered everywhere?

I was drooling over the 7Ds, then I saw this and started drooling over the price.

But everywhere I looked - BhPhotovideo, etc - it was on backorder. With a note saying no date when it would be available.

Hope I'm not being a pest, but does anyone have any info on when they will be available again? Is it just they are selling faster than Canon had hoped?

Bryan Cantwell June 29th, 2010 08:56 AM

Have you checked your local shops? They've been sold out online for a while, but shops could easily have stock...

Cole Seidl June 29th, 2010 09:24 AM

I just bought one, and I struggled to find one in stock as well.

I bought mine from Dell. They still seem to have some in stock, so that may be your best bet.

Bryan Cantwell June 29th, 2010 09:42 AM

That reminds me, I was at Best Buy the other day and they had the T2i in stock...

Tom Dickerson June 29th, 2010 10:17 AM

My wife found hers at Fry's Electronics

Dennis Stevens June 29th, 2010 10:22 AM

Thanks guys. I'll check Best Buy, though it seemed to unavailable with them when I checked.

To think you can make a great looking film with a camera bought at a store that also sells washing machines!

Burt Alcantara June 29th, 2010 01:17 PM

After waiting for over a month, I canceled my order with Amazon when they emailed me saying they didn't think they could get it within 3 month. I called Adorama. They said they get them in regularly but couldn't promise a date. I ordered the camera and got it exactly one week later.

Slavomir Valko June 29th, 2010 03:39 PM

I got mine from Best Buy couple weeks ago, called them before driving over and they put it on hold for 2 hours. Store I went to had 3 in stock that day.

Mark Von Lanken June 29th, 2010 11:21 PM

I got mine at Best Buy as well. They even had an online coupon for 10% off, but it expired on May 31.

I just saw a brand new T2i on Craigslist for Tulsa, OK. Here's the link.
CANON T2i new/unopened

Jason Lowe June 30th, 2010 07:30 AM

Try Walmart. Really. They sell the T2i with lens for $849.

Dennis Stevens June 30th, 2010 07:49 AM

Thanks everyone. I saw on Bestbuy it could be ordered online.

B&H listed it as still backordered - with two different rebates, one for $500 and another for $400? So they're giving them away now? Hope they get it in stock soon!

Chris Hurd June 30th, 2010 08:10 AM

If you read the conditions of those rebates, they apply to the purchase of a PIXMA Pro 9500 or Pro 9000 wide-carriage 13x19 printer. So no, they're not giving away the camera, but they are practically giving away the printer with the purchase of the camera. It's a pretty good deal if you have a need for a large printer.

Sean Woods June 30th, 2010 02:43 PM

I got mine for $850 at newegg after waiting for amazon for two and half months.