T2i recording has "been stopped automatically" - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old September 29th, 2010, 02:54 PM   #16
Regular Crew

I get that msg frequently. Almost always just after I boot the camera and push record. I just push it again and it rolls fine. So far, its never happened during a take. Unless it's getting in the way of your video-making, I wouldn't worry too much!

BTW, I use the cheapest class 6 cards I can find. Seems fine apart from this very small inconvenience.
John Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 11:15 PM   #17
Trustee

I feel that way as well... of course, I'm not paying SAG rates on most shoots. When I do, I pony up the expensive cards.
John Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2010, 04:58 PM   #18
Regular Crew

happened to me

This happened to me just yesterday for the first time. The problem, in my case, was that I switched from jpeg to RAW accidently. I use a lot of manual lenses so I take a snapshot in movie mode before I shoot video to make sure settings are what I want. Apparently, shooting RAW (snapshot) then immediatly pressing record for video is more than my Transcend 16gig class 10 could handle.
Steve Boutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2010, 05:15 PM   #19
Trustee

I got that message once on a Delkin 32gig and it killed all the footage. Threw that card on the shelf with a big "X" on it and never saw that message again whether 32gig, 16gig, Delkin or Sandisk. Convinced that was a bad card issue.
I think you're asking for trouble if you continue getting that message on the same card.
Old February 15th, 2013, 01:48 PM   #20
Tourist

Re: T2i recording has "been stopped automatically"

We were having that same problem and it appears to be the recording bit-rate that is screwing up the shooting; change to a slower speed might help...good luck---

Ted Lewis
BNN-TV
Ted Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #21
Major Player

I'm surprised no one has mentioned formatting the card. I format after each time I transfer the footage and put the card back into the camera, or if I move the card from the 60D to the 5D lll. I only used Hoodman and SanDisk cards. No problems.
Charles Newcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 11:35 AM   #22
Major Player

correct; the error can and will happen to any card if formatted on a PC with different specs from internal formatting, and also especially if not formatted (low level) in camera with magic lantern. it wont ALWAYS happen, but it will NOT happen if formatted in camera, then ML is reapplied. pain, but works. i use all SanDisk Class 10 8GB's.
Panagiotis Raris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2013, 01:26 PM   #23
Regular Crew

I just started using my 60D and learned today that it also stops after 12 minutes no matter what card I use. Is this just the limit for these cameras?
Thanks
Art
Art White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2013, 01:36 PM   #24
Major Player

in HD yes, about 12 minutes.
Panagiotis Raris is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD