7d + Adobe Premiere CS4 - proxy files: how to do it ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old August 2nd, 2010, 01:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

7d + Adobe Premiere CS4 - proxy files: how to do it ?

Hello,

It seems that my pc is not enought to edit native 7d mov files (quad core 2.5 ghz, 2 gb ram, stb). I had remember to read that in this case I need to use some kind of proxy files.

What is this and how is it works ? Also I would like to know that with proxy files if I add an effect to the video (like denoise) then will I see the effect immediately ?

Thank you for your answer.
Tans Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 07:32 PM   #2
Major Player

Try Magic Bullet Grinder ($50) (free demo download trial) . It will see your 7D footage and make a new .mov and either of two different proxies - photojpeg or prores proxy simultaneously. Your particular edit system will tell you if you will see the effect immediately or it will need to render, but it will show on the footage at some point.
Bruce Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 09:41 PM   #3
Major Player

unfortunately CS4 will not play 7d video clips natively in real time no matter how fast your computer is. CS5, on the other hand, will play 7d video even on a slower computer.

for realtime playback in CS4, you can either edit intermediates (XDCAM EX, photojpeg, etc) and forget about the originals or do low quality proxies for an offline edit. offline proxies will be more complicated but will give you higher final quality and greater possibility of realtime effects (the effects will be done to low-res video though, so it may be hard to judge/tweak the effect).
Noah Yuan-Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2010, 04:43 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Bruce + Noah : Thank you!
Tans Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 07:48 AM   #5
Regular Crew

or you can try this workflow using premiere cs4 and AME

How to Edit DSLR Footage in Premiere Pro CS4 | L.A. Color Blog
Slavomir Valko is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD