Movie from Canon T2i not smooth on computer - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old August 7th, 2010, 12:50 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusto Alves da Silva View Post
Hi Martin:

I think that the problem you are having is because you are trying to edit the footage directly on the canon native codec. You should convert to an edit friendly codec (appleprores on mac) and then you will start having fun with editing those files. The reason is the native highly compressed files require tremendous processing power to edit. that is the reason why you canīt even play them properly. If you are a mac user download the free mpegstreamclip process your raw files through it and you will be set.
If you are a pc user get neoscene from cineform www.cineform.com. You can download the trial and test it. I think your problem will be solved.

Good luck

Agusta thank you very much for replying but you must have missed my last post,by changing from pinnacle 12.1 to 14 i can surprisingly now edit 1920P 550D footage on my quad core PC , it allows me to drop the files to a time line and edit, i have made a 35 min HD avchd disc that is fine and tested rendering to hdv tape as well, why i can do this without converting the files i dont know and would like somone to tell me, if it goes on working without problems perhaps i have found my solution but only when i make my first complete BLU RAY that i have always done with HDV material will i know for certain i can do everything required.Thank you

PS i forgot to say timeline play back is not 100% perfect but perfectly usable.
Martyn Hull is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD